Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ate chicken left out of the fridge, im freaking out?

Im new here. I've had this irrational fear of vomiting since like i was 8 years old. Now im 22. Two years ago, i was diagnosed of obssesive compulsive disorder, last year my 2 sibilings got hepatitis at the same time and since then i've been freakign out about germs, i cant eat with dirty hands, i dont eat food from anywhere and when i do i get worried that i will get food poisoning or hepatitis, so the next day i check that i dont have simptoms or if i suspect hepatitis i litteraly check the color of my pee for 2 weeks, its crazy i know :s

So today my mom baked chicken like at 4 pm and when i arrived from a graduated (where i didnt eat because of fear) i ate the chicken like at 4 am, i mean 12 hours left there, and maybe i've done it before and nothing happened, i've actually eaten rotten food (not meat) and nothing happens but idk, im freaking out that it can have some bacteria reproduced all over the chicken in those hours. It tasted well and everything but i still am afraid.
    Sometimes i eat things just to be brave, to not let the fear control me, but then i feel scared, awful and guilty with myself

Do you think this chicken will cause some sickness? i mean, vomiting or nausea?
    i feel so bad with myself that i ate it, i want to cry :s

Default Re: Ate chicken left out of the fridge, im freaking out?

I doubt it, all bacteria are killed during the heating process anyways. Ive ate chicken 24 hours after being out the fridge and Ive been fine. Also if it was bacteria toxins which are the usual suspect of food being left out, you would have symptoms within 4-6 hours. You have no chance of being ill.