Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help ASAP - on honeymoon & so worried.

Yesterday we celebrated the biggest day of our lives. I married my soulmate and despite a health scare from my new hubby, it went great. However, my Flower Girl v*...

She v* quite badly on Friday night/early hours Saturday. She was then fine and came to our wedding, ate at the meal too, and seemed her normal self. Then she v* afterwards. :-( I was the other end of the room, but I did see them trying to clean up.

I spoke to her mum who was certain it was a bug, but other people said it was just excitement (she is only 4). She managed a bit more dancing and then they had to go home early due to her just not seeming herself. All throughout the evening I could smell it.

I've just spoken to her mum again and apparently she's still not been herself today. She's not eaten much and wanted to go to bed really early. Her mum said again it was a nasty bug.

I'm so upset because I hugged her yesterday after she had v* the first time at home (I think) and yesterday was just so hectic I don't know how good I was with my handwashing.

Please someone help me. My immune system will be weak from late nights, early mornings and wedding stresses, and I just want to enjoy my honeymoon without this horrendous phobia. My mind keeps thinking about it all over and over, and I just keep thinking I'm gonn get ill on honeymoon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Please help ASAP - on honeymoon & so worried.

Ok, there's good news and there's bad news.

Bad news is, I agree with her mom and think it was a bug. Poor girl!

Good news, I don't think you're in danger of getting it. Hugging a sick child doesn't give you the bug. After she v*ed I am sure her mom went and washed her up with soap and water, it would be the natural reaction for anyone, not just emetophobs! Did you touch her hands after she v*ed? I am SURE you didn't! You weren't next to her when she was sick and weren't the one cleaning up. You are going to be FINE! Enjoy your honeymoon sweetie!

Firstly - You can only catch stomach viruses by swallowing infected faeces or vomit. Thus unless she had vomit on her hands and didn't wash them and you touched her hands a lot, you wont need to fear anything as you will be absolutely fine. Also kids vomit for a lot of reasons, main reasons with my kids is because they have a chest infection or cold and they cough a lot. Also at 4 years old, she more than likely has Rotavirus which 90% of the population have had by the time they are 7 years old and 95% of the population have had by the time they are adults. 40-50% of the time Rotavirus causes no symptoms in children and 70-80% of the time causes no symptoms in adults who are not immune. Considering you would have likely had Rotavirus by the time you were 7, the chances of you catching this illness are unbelievable remote if none existent. Also if you had, you would have been ill long before now, which is sounds like you are not.
    Secondly and the most important point is a congratulations on your wedding day. I wish you all the happiness in the world, and go out and enjoy yourselves.

Congrats. Enjoy your honeymoon. Worry will not do anything but make you miserable. Prob rota which adults are immune to.

Good job on freaking out when the girl got sick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Kids are sick for a million and one things unfortunately it doesn't have to be a bug, i mean it could have been one, but it's not a foregone conclusion and tbh the fact she perked up enough to attend the wedding and then eat a meal makes it sound unlikely. My son is sick if he gets a temperature, it only has to go up to about 38 and that's it, he's off and he also seems to make miraculous recoveries when it goes back down and will eat and drink normally then if it goes back up again he is sick again, so she might have got overheated with the meal and dancing etc. And yes kids can be sick from excitement too sometimes. If it was catching then her mum those who were sitting right next to her when she was ill would be at a higher risk than you and if they haven't come down with anything by now then i am pretty sure you won't either. try and put it out of your mind and enjoy your honeymoon!! xx

have a great time! enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    Good job on freaking out when the girl got sick
    ...............lol
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

At one time, if the girl would have puked at my reception, I would have left the party crying and not came back. I am improving.

Hope you are having fun with hubby now

Kick emets a....

Thanks everyone for your replies, I'm really grateful. Unfortunately, her mum felt n* the day after in the morning with headache and stomach ache but she didn't mention actually v*.

Thing is, I'm now sat in our hotel room, feeling so full of panic because I feel SO n*, tummy feels "off" and having slightly looser bm's than normal. PLUS I'm now having some breakthrough bleeding. Argh please help...

Oh pants about the breakthrough bleeding, that's all you don't want on your honeymoon! Do you think her mum maybe just had a hangover?! If not, then maybe it might have been that rotavirus which you will have already had as a child and therefore be immune to, it can make adults feel a bit off but not actually vomit. The thing with stomach viruses is that there doesn't tend to be a lead-ini period of bowel movements getting looser and looser it is just wham - pure water diarrhoea so i think the looser bm's are probably caused by the breakthrough bleeding, which is caused when your hormone levels change and they in turn can make you feel really sickly and off colour, they can also give you loose bm's. So can anxiety and all the worry about it probably isn't helping. I have only ever had one sv* and tbh there was no mistaking what it was. Try and enjoy the rest of your honeymoon, i'm sure if the girls mum had actually been sick she wuold have said so, non-emets aren't usually backwards in coming forward in sharing such details :-/ It's monday afternoon now, i am sure you are in the clear xx

You could be right Pauline, it may have been a hangover, that part of the family do like a tipple at any special occasion! So even if it was Rotavirus, she might have been feeling dodgy because she's her mum and in close contact with it, but I should be okay?

It's Wednesday evening now, do you think I'll be alright?

Also, have just noticed you're from West Yorkshire Pauline. We are currently honeymoon-ing in York. :-)

I think you are well out of the woods by now, so i would put it out of your mind as best you can and enjoy the rest of your time in beautiful York! I live in a village near Horbury which is between Wakefield and Huddersfield but I am in York every weekend as that is where my OH is from originally and where my stepson lives. It's a shame the weather isn't better but there is quite a lot of indoorsy stuff to do there isn't there. Have a great time for the rest of your stay! xx

You're TOTALLY fine this point. 100% sure that you've avoided it. Stop talking to her family about their sickness and concentrate on YOUR fun! You only get to honeymoon together once - ENJOY IT before it's too late!

Kids that young are sick for sooo many reasons as someone on here mentioned - ear infections, chest infections, throat infections... The list is endless. I doubt you have caught anything from her. Think about the amount of amount of times we come into contact with someone who is ill and we don't catch anything... Or the amount of germs we are exposed to everyday and we don't get ill either... In this situation you're more likely than not, to be absolutely fine.

Even if it was a tummy bug, kids pick up these things far easier than adults who are more immune to stuff like that. The fact she ate a meal though suggests it wasn't a bug though which makes you even safer... And her mum probably just had a hangover and was feeling a bit off from dealing with the actually v*... Mostly psychological I expect.

Remember you are bigger than your phobia. Your wedding memories, your honeymoon, your husband... They are all bigger than your phobia. Don't let your phobia steal this precious time from you. In the past I have allowed my phobia to partly ruin the memory of family events, shows I've performed in (I'm an actress), friend's birthdays, holidays... You don't want to have the same regrets hun... It's sod's law our phobia rears its ugly head often when we really really really don't want or need to such as an occasion as important as this. My theory is that sometimes it happens this way as whenever we are having a good time, we feel it's too good to be true because we are used to the phobia running our day to day lives. Plus the emotion of events like this can make us more vulnerable...

Anyway - go enjoy this beautiful and precious time. I'm from Lincolnshire, not too far away from Yorkshire!!! Northern girls must stick together eh.. X