Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I've survived noro......and lived to tell the tale!!

Haven't been on this site for a while but with the weather turning colder and the threat of noro or maybe just the fact that we hear more about it, I find I'm being lured back lol.

My son was sick 2 weeks ago, and while this always does freak me out I did manage to cope with it. Fortunately it only lasted a few hours and then he was right as rain, meanwhile I was silently panicking and cleaning everything in site and not eating. Fast forward 2 days later and I woke with severe stomach pains and I felt awful. I then had d* for 5 days, hardly had the energy to do anything, didn't help that hubby was working 12 hour shifts and I still had to get the kids ready for school and attempt to cook meals for them! I felt nauseous the whole time, almost v* once but managed to take a Motilium tablet which worked wonders - always wondered if the worked, they certainly do.

I lost 10lbs in weight due to not eating and only managing to drink lemonade. It was awful but I managed to get through it and I'm proud of myself for doing so, sad I know but it's been many years since I've had anything like this. I just wanted to give hope to fellow emets out there, yes it was my worst nightmare but it's amazing how you can get through things when you put your mind to it. I'm a great believer in positive thinking xxx

Default Re: I've survived noro......and lived to tell the tale!!

That is good on you! Thanks for sharing! I get it every year from my kids But thank God I only get the diarrhea part, like u did! Glad u are all better now and yall dont have to worry about it anymore!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Glad to hear you made it through! I get it every year from my kids as well - two years in a row now since my oldest has been in school. My girls did get it twice this year (Feb and May) and I only caught it in Feb from them. I have never v*'d from it, and I had d* the first year I caught it from them (only twice I think), this Feb I got the stomachache, fever and body aches but was still in bed for the whole day as I was 28 weeks pregnant, hadn't been eating for a week since my family had it, and I was just totally DRAINED. I know they're going to get it again this season, so I'm hoping for no v*'ing for myself again!

Oh no i don't like the sound of you all catching it off your kids, my LO has been sick quite a lot and i've never - touch wood and whistle - caught anything off him yet so i thought it'd be ok but maybe he's not had proper full on noro yet, eek. Anyway - well done you for getting throught it!! it must have been so tough having to cope on your own and cooking when feeling sick sounds horrendous, i think mine would have been given sandwiches! Plus, you will be immune now for a few months so you can go in to winter a lot more confident than the rest of us

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.