Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please HELP

Default Please HELP

I got my wisdom tooth out today, and I have worse than usual anxiety and my face feels hot and with that, I feel like gagging...what is wrong with me?? HELP

Default Re: Please HELP

I'm just so afraid that I am getting a virus, please help me through this panic attack.

Sweetie, getting one of those suckers pulled is a big deal and youu're bound to be getting side effects (your mouth will be bound to be having an inflammatory reaction. Just do as the dentist says, find yourself something funny to distract yourself on tv until you fall asleep. Rest up for a day or two too. Hope you're better soon. Xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Your face feels hot because those wisdom teeth are about 6 foot long!! OK that's a bit of an exxageration but honestly they can go right up near your sinuses, the roots are huge. Gently rinse your mouth with some salt in warm water from time to time to keep it clean and aid healing - for goodness sake spit it out though don't whatever you do swallow it! - and try not to poke round it with your tongue. There will be a small clot of blood that will have formed shortly after the tooth was removed and if you poke about, or suck drinks through a straw or smoke a cigarette it can dislodge that clot causing somethig called dry socket which is excrutiatingly painful so while generalised pain is normal if it gets unbearable get straight back to your dentist to get it packed with a dressing. If it starts throbbing badly too that may indicatethe start of an infection so again if that happens then ring the dentist for advice. Other than that some heat and achiness is to be expected. If you swallowed blood that can make you feel queasy but won't make you sick. I think how your are feeling is likely to be down to the whole trauma and anxiety of the procedure, so rest up and take it easy and you will be fine xx
    Last edited by paulinek; 11-05-2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.