Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Bactrim please help!!!

So I started Bactrim this morning for a uti, I took it around 7:30am. I went back to sleep, woke up around 4 hours later with a gurgley tummy and liquid d* I am shaking and freaking out! someone please help! I have been n* from my infection for a week now. Soooo scared this will make me v*!
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Default Re: Bactrim please help!!!

I am shaking, standing naked in front of a fan and pouring ice water on myself.
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

I hate that numb sick feeling I get in my mouth when I'm like this. I'm trying to drink water to flush this poison out of my body but it's hard when I feel like this! I called my mum at work she couldn't really talk, she tries to be supportive but she gets irritated with me when I am like this.

Did you take the medicine on an empty stomach? Maybe if you eat something it will help? I've taken that medication before and it did not make me n*, but I did break out in a rash and was possibly allergic to it.

No, I had a granola bar with it. I will never ever take it again. Not sure what to do about my uti yet but no more Bactrim for me! I drank a lot and had d a lot so I think it's flushed out of my system now.

The first day on a new antibiotic is the absolute worst. Always gives me n* and d* but after the first day my system gets used to it. If you're totally scared your talk to your dr about getting a different kind of antibiotic that's easier on the stomach, or getting a prescription for an anti-emetic. Bactrim is very intense. It's what they give you if you have anthrax. I'm allergic to sulfa drugs so I haven't tried it. But for me my UTIs clear up with lots of cranberry juice and cranberry pills.

Ask if macrobid would be appropriate for you. I've taken it for uti a few times and it was pretty gentle as antibiotics go.

I know that scary feeling after waking up...I roll out of bed and kneel in front of the fan pressing the acupressure point on my wrist and breathe and just pray it goes away. It's such a relief when it finally does though. How are you doing now? I hope you are feeling better.

I actually got rid of my uti by drinking ungodly amounts of water and powerade and taking cranberry supplements! Glad I didn't need to upset my system further with unnecessary antibiotics!