Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Spaghetti Sauce frozen two days after cooking, is it edible?

I have home made spaghetti meat sauce in my freezer (I'm actually eating a reheated portion as we speak because I think of the risks much too late) It was made several weeks ago and my sister and I had two meals out of it each at the time but there was alot left so we portioned and froze it after two days. We're having it for dinner now and my emet brain is having a bit of a panic over if it's still good or not. It was put in the microwave straight out of the freezer (things actually stay frozen in our fridge...) and heated up really well but I'm still worried that maybe I put it in the freezer to late after cooking....

Default Re: Spaghetti Sauce frozen two days after cooking, is it edible?

It's fine. Eat it and enjoy. When you defrost it, it's the same as when you froze it (2 days leftover).

Yes, ditto what lemontree said. I cook and freeze a lot. The main thing is you dont want to freeze and then thaw at room temp. Always thaw in either fridge or microwave. It sounds like you did it safely and will be fine!

Yep. Its all good.

When it comes to leftovers you have to eat or freeze within three days and it's fine

Obviously you are ok which is great, but for future reference food should really be cooled down quickly and frozen as soon as possible after cooking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.