Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default This is a nightmare. Coworkers dropping like flies.

I work in a very small hair salon. It started yesterday when my boss called into work. One of my coworkers said, "I bet she has a sv, they're going around like crazy." Sure enough, she comes back in today (too soon) and starts going into detail about it. Then a coworker calls in with it. Then another. Then two people v at work and leave. And another almost did, but I left before he did. I am absolutely horrified. I couldn't really go wash my hands today because I was busy all day. I've also eaten out the last two nights and knowing that the sv really is going around makes me super anxious about who prepared my food. I'm contemplating calling into work tomorrow to avoid further exposure. I haven't panic posted in a LONG time, my anxiety was virtually non-existent until this all started happening. I'm such a mess today.

I also can't stay in my comfort place tonight because my mum is having a party and I have to stay at my friends house. Already feeling n. :/
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Default Re: This is a nightmare. Coworkers dropping like flies.

Ugh I am totally triggered today too. I guess my teacher got sick in class on wednesday (thank god I skipped that class) and had to run to the bathroom. I dunno if it was v or d but it was one or the other. He then handed back the tests he graded..I opened it, looked at the score and left the class, washed my hands, took a shower and bleached all the surfaces I touched.

I think I did enough to avoid it.

Whos the manager there, as they are not very good at their job for letting them come back early. Rather 1 person be off for 3 days than 6 people of the 1 day.

my anxiety around v. was triggered today as well people posting on facebook about them/their kids being ill. I would probably take tomorrow off even though it means losing money its probably worth it. i'm guessing its a shared toilet as well at work. argh trigger time!! hoping I don't get it