Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Newbie with mild/moderate emet.

Hi, I'm Jamie, I'm from Bradford, England. I just stumbled upon this site and thought I could do with registering. My phobia I think started when I was about 13. Mw and my sister were at a fun sleepover at our friends house, there were 2 other kids our age who we'd know e were babies. We'd had a fab day but during the night I was sick on my pyjama bottoms, there was no sick anywhere else and I shoved my pjs in a bag and put some other pants on. I was sick again and woke everyone else up. i V'd another 5 times projectile soiling bedsheets and carpets and everything, they knew I couldn't help it but it was traumatic all the same. I get worried if I could have been exposed to viruses and take overcautious precautions to stop me from getting it. for example, some friends usually take me home every monday from a group i go to, one week only one friend comes and she says her husband has been v'ing all day. I start to worry and wash my hands as soon as I get out the car. i buy motillium over the counter 'just in case' i get it. people have been posting on facebook about their stomach bugs and its making me nervous that its going around again. i go to slimming world and a few people from there have had it in the last few days so I'll be anxious about going on monday but I WILL GO. I feel very lucky that my emet doesn't control everything I do. i live a very normal life unlike a number of emet people that i have read about, i use public transport, public toilets and eat at restaurants with zero problem.

Default Re: Newbie with mild/moderate emet.

Hi Jamie welcome to the site
    My emet isn't has bad as others either, i am petrified of v* but i don't let my phobia stop me from doing stuff, it's tempting to stay in all day , i have thought about it, but it wouldn't be healthy and it would make me feel even worse. It's good u aren't letting emet control your life
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Newbie with mild/moderate emet.

Welcome! I'm also not as bad as some. I go out and do everything. The only big thing that freaks me out is when one of my kids gets it, because then it's in our house and there's no way to be away from it.....and I catch it every single time, but thankfully I don't vomit (so far anyway!).