Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy SUPER OT: My parakeet...

So I know this isn't about emetophobia, and I suppose I shouldn't be posting this here, but I feel like this is the only place I can turn to right now... Anyways. My father said my parakeet was looking weird (And to be fair, she was acting weird lately) and she was sitting at the bottom of the cage. Now, I know stuff about parakeets, and if the parakeet is sitting at the bottom, that is not a good sign. He picked the bird up, she bit him a couple times (birds just do that - she was scared!), and she was flinching. He went to put her back on a perch in the cage, and she flopped to the ground... He picked her back up and she literally died in his hand.

I am so sad right now and I just need some support.... This is the second pet I've had die on me within recent months and the second parakeet I've had die.... I'm tired of my beloved animals dying...
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Default Re: SUPER OT: My parakeet...

I am so sorry for your loss. it is a terrible thing to lose a beloved pet. Its okay to post here. everyone needs support some way or another.
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Thank you Eveningstar.

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that, it's always heartbreaking when animals pass away. It's so hard to figure out what's wrong with an animal because they can't tell you what they're feeling, but try to remember though, that you made their time here with you the best it could be. I'm sorry again, sending love and best wishes your way. x
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you Kaydee. Now my other bird is screeching in loneliness... Hopefully I can get another bird soon so he has a friend again.

I'm sorry you lost your bird. I have a parakeet too and I would b devastated if something happened to her. Give your other bird some extra attention so he won't feel so lonely. Is he hand tamed? If he is Handel him as much as possible
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell - oscar wilde

I'm so sorry for your loss. Animals are such good friends to us. Give the other birdy lots of attention, or get him a new friend so he won't be lonely.
    M I D N I G H T

HUGS, I am sorry It does get better. When my cat first died, I felt like I would never be happy again. I did laugh again. I think of her and smile, but I still miss her. They remain in your heart.

Kick emets a....

I'm very sorry about your Parakeet, and sorry for the one left behind too, poor thing. I hope you can get another one too. Can you just put a new bird in straight away or do you have to slowly introduce them like you do with rabbits and degus? x

OMG.. :'( SO sorry to hear about your parakeet! Almost brought tears to my eyes. :'( BIG hugs for you. x
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"