Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Antibiotics - again

I have a skin infection in my foot, after having surgery on it. I'm on penicillin. And don't I know it - I feel horrible. I feel hot, nauseous, and I have d*.I'm eating fine which is good I guess.

I know that the n* and d* down to antibiotics but I'm still petrified I will actually v*. I've tried eating yogurt. I've also just tried taking an anti-sickness so hopefully that kicks in soon. I've also been drinking peppermint tea. I don't know what else to try!

Any thoughts? Thanks guys

Oh and I'm due on as well... That doesn't help things one bit!

Default Re: Antibiotics - again

The first few days of a new antibiotic are hell. Your body will adjust. Happens to me every time. Always get bad d* and n* from antibiotics, but I have never ever v*ed

when i take new antibiotics i always take acidopholis. it helps keep your tummy settled while you take them and keeps the good bacteria in your body while the antibiotic is working on the bad bacteria. it really helps with d* too.

Yeah definitely acidophilus pills really help. Much more effective than yogurt. I hope you're feeling better and you got good anti sickness medicine! Did you pick up some phenergan? I'm sending massive amounts of good thoughts in your direction.

Thanks guys! I will try acidophilus, thank you. I bought an OTC drug called Motilllium which contains domperidone. It's helping with the nausea but it's a laxative so not helping with the d*. Think I'm going to go to docs and get something prescribed - also my foot isn't clearing up. It's a bit better than it was but after nearly a week on antibiotics it's still looking infected.

It sounds like it needs to be opened up and cleaned right out. I'm so sorry. I thought phenergan was OTC in the UK. It's my fave. The only one that works for me. Zofran doesn't help really at all. Compazine worked really well for me till I was in the hospital and had a dystonic reaction. My face muscles kept contracting. It was so bizarre feeling. So no more compazine for me LOL.

Yeah the nurse who last dressed it last week said I needed to go back to the doctors and ask for a thorough wash out under local anaesthetic, and I might need stronger antibiotics. I'm dreading it if they have to do a thorough wash out though as I had the op done under local and they had to inject my foot, where it was bruised already, five times with anaesthetic. I'm usually fine with needles but it was horrid. I will look out for those anti-sickness names haha.

You can get phenergan (promethazine) OTC in the UK but not as an anti-emetic, it is sold as a temporary sleep aid under the name Sominex but you need to get the blue packet as the green pack is a herbal preparation without the promethazine in.

Which antibiotic are you on?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ooh really? I am on flucloxacillin.

Ah ok I was just checking because my OH got given a particular antibiotic and it did actually give him pure water d* within an hour of taking it and it made him v* and when he called the Dr he said it was a common side effect with that particular one and put notes on his file never to prescribe that again. it is NOT the one you are taking though Hope you feel better soon xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh gosh, that sounds awful! Sorry to hear that. Thank you - will be going back to docs tomorrow x

Yes it was awful as we were in the car at the time on our way to Whitby and he had to pull over on to the hard shoulder of the M1 to be ill which as he was driving was on my side of the car, I'm afraid to say I was not the supportive partner stood there rubbing his back, I stayed in the car, turned the radio up, put my fingers in my ears and shut my eyes. It obviously wasn't so bad for him though because he carried on with our journey, depsite my protests of wanting to get out and go home, and he had fish & chips a couple of hours later on the seafront! As soon as the drug was out of his body he was ok! Good luck at the doctors tomorrow, hope you get sorted out and feel better xx
    Last edited by paulinek; 11-12-2013 at 04:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Goodness me! You're so brave! I would have been hysterical! Glad you salvaged something of your trip to Whitby though. It's lovely up there. Xx