Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Freaking out

Default Freaking out

Well it's been 3 days since the birthday party. Today I keep getting scared I got SV. It could also be my new antibiotics. I don't know what's wrong but my anxiety is taking over bad. I woke up a little nauseated and had a headache. The smell of food bothered me so I went to bed. I got hungry and tried to eat some cereal but had a panic attack trying to eat. I been getting out of bed and trying to clean a little at a time. I thought pizza sounded good so I had a slice but started to panic again and quit eating it. I'm so paranoid right now. I don't know if it's the antibiotic or SV. I just took one last night before bed. So I don't know if one can make me feel bad or not. This is my second antibiotic since I had a bad reaction to Cipro now they put me on Microbid. I'm so scared

Default Re: Freaking out

Now I keep getting this pain in my left side. Stomach is making noises. My anxiety keeps getting worse. I can't tell if it's sick, digestion, or gas. I'm so scared.

Aw you're probably just hungry! If you had a SV food would not be on your mind at all! Try and eat some toast or crackers

Thanks I had some rice. It went ok but I just had a tiny portion. I think I'm just gonna drink as much water as I can to see if I can flush this UTI infection out. I can't handle antibiotics. This has been a miserable 2 weeks with this infection and rounds of antibiotics.

Horrible as they are you do need to finish your course of antibiotics, as someone who has suffered terrible re-occuring UTI's and Kidney infections water will not do the job no matter how much you drink, you can sometimes get away with doing that with a mild case of cystitis but once you have a full on infection it will just keep getting worse and spead up to your kidneys.

From what you are descriving it sounds like the antibiotics are making your feel a bit grotty and that the symptoms of that are triggering an anxiety response in your body, both of which combined are making you feel even worse.

You do need to eat even if it's not particularly healthy food, just whatever you can find to tempt your appetite. I find carbs easier to tolerate if i am feeling a bit iffy, so even biscuits/cookies or cake are fine.

if you can muddle through until the end of this course of antibiotics you should be all better and that will be the end of it, otherwise it's just going to keep dragging on and on.

Hope you feel better soon x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Haha. Thanks you sound like my husband. Well last week they had me on Cipro which caused severe nausea and almost V and then by the third day felt like I had the flu with the body aches. So they switched to Microbid but they did that on Friday so I couldn't get it till Monday. I didn't take one last night. I'll try to go grocery shopping and start taking them.