Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Relapse

Threaded View

Default Re: Relapse

Hi Voctoria! I'm really sorry that you're feeling like you are relapsing. I also had a relapse recently when my bf and I hit a major rough patch... I've been feeling n* and anxious about being s* over and over and it I struggle to not fall back into old patterns. the way I'm dealing with it is by using the techniques that I learned in therapy; deep breathing, and talking to myself. I think things like, "there is no reason for me to be s* right now"; "anxiety is just a temporary feeling, it will go away"... I have also started yoga, which really helps! It allows me some "me time" and being so focused on something else helps take my mind off things.

Also, I don't know which brand of bc pill you are on, but some can lead to anxious symptoms more than others depending on the person, especially those that are higher in estrogen (like Alesse, Aviane, or Marvelon) from what I've read. I switched to a more progesterone only pill (currently Micronor), and my anxiety/mood swings are all but completely gone! however this one may not be for everyone. Not due to side effects or anything, mostly due to the fact that you have to take it exactly at the same time each day, without exception, or risk pregnancy. Maybe if you try different ones you might see a that your anxiety is lower? Women also tend to get more anxious during their PMS week (the week that seems bothersome for you), so maybe one that helps alleviate PMS symptoms? am not sure which ones they would be brand wise, but your dr. should know!

Good luck! and hang in there. I know if feels bad right now, but you will find your footing.
    Last edited by carrie_281; 11-19-2013 at 11:15 PM.