Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Soooo confused -.- best friend has 'food poisoning'

Hey guys!
    I'm in need of some sort of advice or something because I'm so so SO confused right now.
    Yesterday (thursday), at about 5AM, my friend text me and told me that he won't be in college because he's been v*ing since 2AM. Then, I text him back when I woke up and said I hope he feels better soon blah blah blah and then he told me he felt god awful and had d* as well and it was apparently like non-stop (eww, sorry).
    He stopped v*ing around 1pm yesterday afternoon and went to the doctors at 2pm. The doctor told him its food poisoning, but me being me, I'm not too sure -.-
    At around 5pm yesterday, he v*d again within about 30 seconds of trying to eat something because he was hungry.
    Its now Friday and its 9:30 in the morning and he's still got d* but he said he doesn't feel sick anymore.
    Any suggestions? :/

Default Re: Soooo confused -.- best friend has 'food poisoning'

He's now feeling 100% fine and has been since about 11am today.
    I need some answers. Do I go and see him tonight?

Sure, go see him but wash your hands before you eat or touch your face. You can't catch anything, even if it is a virus, without eating it. You're in control of the situation, germs don't sneak into your mouth. Go see him, have fun and practice good hygiene.

I'm feeling to go and see him but I'm pretty nervous :/ he usually tickles me and kisses me and stuff and what if it wasn't food poisoning? :/
    Meeehhh, this phobia is ruining everything -.-

I've been in your shoes more times than I can count. For a very long time I always canceled plans with friends because I allowed my phobia to take over, and to this day I hate myself for it. He very well could have had a virus, which he got from food, or maybe it was just food poisoning. Either way, as long as you don't kiss him on the mouth and make sure not to eat or put your hands near your face/mouth before washing them then you have nothing to worry about.

Like Syrup says, you're in complete control of the situation at this point. Those little particles can't just jump into you. Just ensure good hand hygiene and don't kiss him (in case particles remain in his mouth) and you will be totally fine!

Go out and have fun

Thank you both for the replies, they're much appreciated
    I didn't go out in the end because I had a massive amount of college work to catch up on so that's been my Friday night pretty much, woo -.- lol.
    But anyways, I won't see him until Monday now so it'll be okay and I told him I'd stay over for a movie night on Tuesday.
    That'll be okay, right?

Of course! If you're at all anxious, just take extra care in your hand hygiene after using his bathroom, just to ease any worries you may have (even though you would be totally fine either way, I completely understand having concerns where there isn't need for concern, it is just life as an emet)

Ah okay I will do, I always do thank you sooooo much! *hug*