Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Shared food with daughter she v a couple hours later- help!!! Will I get it???

This morning I had a bite of my daughters bagel and was cuddling and kissing her then she v several hours after then again later in day... Will I get it??? Freaking out

Default Re: Shared food with daughter she v a couple hours later- help!!! Will I get it???

Oh sweetie, you'll be feeling scared! You don't need to though, it's not contagious until she shows symptoms, or often, not until she V*. I have four children and never once caught anyything off them. Hope she's better soon. X

Default Re: Shared food with daughter she v a couple hours later- help!!! Will I get it???

Ugh, so sorry you're having to deal with this, but as has been already said, she wasn't contagious, you're ok! My sons once shared a drink WHILE the oldest was beginning to feel ill, then they went on to share a cookie (which my oldest licked the icing off of) and my youngest didn't catch it. You're going to be ok!

It's awful the worse part is I have not been home since she got sick. I am literally paralyzed by fear, meanwhile she is going to think I have abandoned her...I feel like the worse mother ever

^ how old is she? Is she just home with your husband?

I'm pretty scared about my daughter getting it. I'm always scared to go to bed at night, every single night, because I'm worried I'll wake up to retching or her saying "mommy my tummy hurts". Ugh. So scary. You are NOT a bad mom!!! I have to fight the fight or flight response tooth and nail when one of my girls throws up, because all I want to do is run away as fast as I can, and stay away for 2 weeks!