Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Grape juice?

Default Grape juice?

Do you think that on top of really good hand washing, that grape juice could also aid in the preventing the stomach flu?

I am willing to try anything. My girls and I have been drinking 1 glass a day. My daughter goes to school tomorrow, so I think I'm going to start giving her 2 glasses a day, morning and night, and see if it does anything for her.

Default Re: Grape juice?

Grape juice won't do anything. Some people reckon Grape Fruit juice might, but I don't think there is anything out there to back up that claim.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Grape juice gives me diarrhea. I found this out when I tried drinking the recommended 3 glasses of Welch's grape juice a day that's supposed to prevent sv.

LOL, this doesn't sound too promising! I googled it and it seems many people have had some success with it. I've only been drinking 1 glass a day. We'll see I guess!

I have read that grape seed extract is suppose to help prevent sv
    Colleen

Erin, I did the grape juice when my husband had sv about a month ago. I also did a ton of cleaning though, so I have no idea if it was the cleaning or the grape juice that kept it from spreading. I did 3 glasses, my 5 yo did 2 glasses, and my 2 yo had one glass a day. My 5 yo also drinks a daily glass before school every day. So far he has not caught it. It is going around here, but I don't know if it's going around much in his school. I have heard a lot about it in the larger community, like the local elementary schools and so on, but he attends a small private school so I don't know if he's been directly exposed or not. I have heard lots of good things about the juice though From what I can see, if it's just a glass a day I don't think it can hurt him, especially since I do it at breakfast and we brush his teeth right afterward.

Just a heads up though--if you give her 2-3 glasses a day, it might turn her poo green and make it looser than usual. I have see that with my son when we up his grape juice regimen. It's normal. Apparently purple things make the poo green, LOL!

Grape juice is great , however Apple cider vinegar is much more promising . Its like a super sv protecter on a sense. Most people take it with water and ignore the flavor, however some even mix it with apple juice which for most is a more pleasant flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by XDarkeyYoshiruX View Post
    Grape juice is great , however Apple cider vinegar is much more promising . Its like a super sv protecter on a sense. Most people take it with water and ignore the flavor, however some even mix it with apple juice which for most is a more pleasant flavor.
    I agree with this. Also we do a daily dose of elderberry syrup... Which is an awesome immune booster.

How much apple cider vinegar? And elderberry syrup??? Can kids have these things?

Yes, tell us more about the ACV especially! Does it need tp be the kind with the mother? Do kids drink it if it's in apple juice...as in does it mask the flavor? Asking because DD snd DH hate grape juice.. ..

I thought it was Grapefruit juice that was supposed to be helpful?? You guys are talking about Grape Juice... Which is it? They are completely different fruits
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

I love ACV, but instead of drinking it straight or with water I have a salad every day and use ACV to make a vinegarette. It has to be organic unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with sediments (called the "mother") floating around in it, not the pasteurized clear stuff. Shake well before using to make sure you get some of the "mother".

I've heard anecdotally that people travelling taking a tbsp of it before every meal and avoiding food poisoning / traveller's diarrhea while everyone in their group got sick. Coincidence? Maybe. Can't hurt though.

Jptk, we are talking about 100% grape juice, the purple kind. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence of the internet that drinking grape juice will prevent sv.

Does emergen-c help at all? I know it boosts your immune system but I didn't know if it could possibly help someone avoid the stomach bug.

Quote Originally Posted by mamacat View Post
    Jptk, we are talking about 100% grape juice, the purple kind. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence of the internet that drinking grape juice will prevent sv.
    Might start drinking some of that so. I had read somewhere that it was grapefruit juice and I can't drink that cause it interacts with some meds I take.