Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default possible exposure..I AM FREAKING OUT!

Ok. Haven't posted in a while. But I need someone to calm me down..I have avoided the sv* for almost 4 years. I am visiting my uncle and 10 days ago they had a sv* with the usual v* and d* & he handed me an ibuprofen and I took it because I have a headache. He then told me about them being sick 10 days ago. The medicine was in the bathroom. I took it out of his hand and took it! Am I going to catch it?? I am freakinf myself out so much and making my headache worse please someone help me...I hate this feeling! I've been doing so good. What is the probability of me getting sick?

Default Re: possible exposure..I AM FREAKING OUT!

Highly unlikely! Norovirus IS a hardy and resilient virus, but 10 days ago, you're fine. And I'd bet that he has washed his hands many times since he was ill, so I wouldn't concern yourself with germs on his hands.

While the virus CAN live on surfaces for a long period, they need proper conditions. I would honestly say that your chances of getting sick from this is way below 1%

I was freaking out so bad I posted this in two different sections. Lol. But thank you so much! My mind just goes nuts when this happens. Naturally of course I will worry until the 48 hour window is up but my mind is more at ease now. He said he disinfected as best he could.

Assuming your uncle practices normal hygiene, I don't think you need to worry at all. He's no longer contagious and I'm sure he wasn't taking ipbrophen while he was sick. I'm sorry you had such a bad time with anxiety.