Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Post Lets get our minds off all this.

So I have been thinking, this is so stupid. Lets stop panicing and TALK about something else, get our mind off it.
    So, what has everyone been doing lately, have you done something fun? Seen family,friends,got a new pet,moved house,got a new job,moved schools, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! Lets really get our minds off what scares us most with people who understand us most, shall we?

Default Re: Lets get our minds off all this.

I am gonna graduate in 2014! And then its off to law school and then hopefully gainful employment!

My parents will be here (driving cross country for Turkey day!) in 2 hours and I am desperately trying to get my house in order. My hubby is a military man so we are moving in Feb. to LA. Never been there before, but I am ready for the new adventure! Being a northern girl I am super nervous, but I can't wait for the opportunity to meet new people!

That sounds awsome! I went to L.A once I loved it its so fun! SHAYTARDS live there :P

Good luck,work hard,find love,fulfill dreams

Finished Year 12 and waiting until my results come through to know if I will get into the Uni course I want. Medical Science and/or Labratory Medicine if i am able to combine them. Seeing everyone from America celebrate Thanksgiving is great but unfortunately Australia don't celebrate that. :/ But last night I had my Year 12 valedictory service and then a dinner. 13 years of schooling is over, time for the big world!

I'm really excited for this week! Tomorrow I get to see my best friend who's in town from the east coast and I haven't seen her in months so yay! And then for thanksgiving we're going to my other best friend's house and eating food (duh) and we're also going to celebrate her 21st birthday which was last week! Then I think this weekend I'm going to get to seem my other really good friend who goes to college on the other side of the state and who I also haven't seen since summer...yay again! Then next week my mom and I are going to see Celtic Thunder perform, I bought us tickets since she really wanted to go...I'm not even a huge fan but it'll be fun to get dressed up and do something like that. I only have like another week of class until the quarter's over (!!!) and then my mom and I are going to go to Minnesota to see our relatives for the first time in a year and a half and I'm so excited! There's like 3 new babies to meet lol! THEN in the new year I get to study abroad in Scotland for the semester! Things are looking really good for the next few months I just hope my anxiety/emet doesn't ruin everything lol. I really hope it all works out.

Sounds fun! I bet you will be so busy you wont have time to worry! Scotlands awsome, cold, but awsome
    I am going to see Mc Busted soon.. Yay? I don't like when bands get together. It is wierd.. Oh well its a night out.. In may...:/

I have recently heard the song What Does the Fox Say, and I am in love.

Happy Thanksgiving to my US friends. Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends. To everyone else, Happy Nov 28.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Hahahaa I'm jewish technically but I do christmas. Jewish by family Christian by belkief as I was brought up that way by C.E school and now its engraved in my mind...:/

My family and I raked up 117+ bags of leaves this fall. We probably could have raked another 20 or 30 more as none of the neighbors raked and for some reason my yard is a leaf sink that catches all the leaves. Last night, I said to myself "screw this", and just mowed over the remaining leaves. Oh and last night, my kid embarrassed the heck out of me by yelling really loudly at the gossipy next door neighbors "They're finally raking leaves Mom!". Which only caused them to immediately stop. take that gossipy neighbors!
    Last edited by Grace47; 11-26-2013 at 02:03 PM.

We just relocated from a crappy part of South East London to a nice little town by the sea (well, technically a 'city' but it doesn't feel like one compared to London). I'm so excited for my kids to grow up by the sea, enjoying outdoor hobbies etc. I'm looking forward to making some new friends too and starting a new job next week. An exciting new chapter in my life

Haha! well at oeast leaves are fun to jump in :P

I am updating my watch blog (yes, wristwatches).

Well I am currently on a weight loss journey to lose 140 lbs. I have lost close to 8 lbs already. I know it's a drop in the ocean but I am excited to see progress

Also, in February I'm heading up to Stockton for my best friend's baby shower. Can't wait!
    M I D N I G H T

Cool! Have you heard of Shay Carl? Youtube him. he does a vlog everyday, and 5 yrs ago he was really fat, so hew started another channel and he is on a weight loss mission. Its really inspiring and helped me alot. good luck!

I've been xmas shopping today and put up my decorations sad I know as it's only November but I love Xmas lol and also I'm pregnant baby due after xmas so getting excited about my daughter having a brother or sister find out the gender nxt week

Aww, we have also put up ours Never to early right??

I recently lost 60 lbs. 40 was due to gallbladder problems but I have completely changed my diet since then and lost 20 more on top of that. And I will be moving in with my boyfriend of 3 years after the 1st.

Ah, Moo! I didn't realise you were Aussie! Congratulations on your graduation, what an exciting time, I'm so excited for you

I'm currently also on a weight loss journey. I've lost 5kg so far in a couple of weeks so that's exciting and I'm finally starting to see changes happening in my body so yay!

There's some not so good stuff happening in my life at the moment but I don't want to get into that too much because I'm honestly trying to look past that, and see a silver lining to it all. I think that a sign of true strength is seeing a silver lining on every cloud that you come across.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cool Re: Lets get our minds off all this.

Three weeks ago today we lost our beloved golden retriever Maisy and I'm still heartbroken. Today when we were out and about we drove past a store where the Golden Retriever Rescue org was having a charity event. I made my husband turn around and minutes later I was being mobbed by a pack of goldens and loving every furry, slobbery minute of it
    I have now signed up to be a Foster Mom for rescued goldens
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Awesome for you Jennifer!!!! I've been thinking of doing the same thing...we have some organizations here in CT as well so we'll see!!!

Oh my gosh, that is so cool! Kudos to you for having the strength to be a foster mum, but it'll be so rewarding! Good for you!
    Come visit my history blog:

Thanks Andee and KD!
    I'm not yet ready to get a new pet because right now I'd just be looking to replace my lost girl, but I think being a Foster Mom for some doggies waiting To find their new families would be perfect. I hope to hear from them soon!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Its so nice to hear what people have been doing! Soon I will be starting a new school. were all home for christmas and until then im just chilling at home with my family and gorgeouse bunny. Chill time.... Nothing exciting but hopefully the new year will bring some fun times!
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears