Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Did anyone watch the final episode of "the bachelor" yesterday?

That was fecking sick! I can handle jackass-style vomit scenes because they're usually induced somehow,but this somehow was really disturbing, the whole reality of it, even though she was just way too nervous. I guess it didn't help that the idiot tried to make the nausea go away by bending over and breathing really hard......

It's a good thing he didn't pick that girl, cause she's a damage case, you can tell. So bloody needy and emotional, and she vomits from being nervous about who he's going to choose. Not to mention a little ugly on the side....

The strange thing is, before a commercial break they alluded to that vomit scene, and it made me want to stay and watch. Yet I knew it would bother me a little bit. It seems vomit scenes are becoming quite popular on tv these days..
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by skon

It's a good thing he didn't pick that girl, cause she's a damage case, you can tell. So bloody needy and emotional, and she vomits from being nervous about who he's going to choose. Not to mention a little ugly on the side....

I agree with you that she was getting way too worked up about whether he would choose her or not. It was definitely not something to v* over. However, that is not very nice to say that she is ugly. How would you like it if someone insulted you because of your phobia? Also, I don't think think she wasugly. She had more of a naturallook than the other girl, meaningshe wore less make up.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

Us of all people shouldn't be making fun or saying those rude things about her.

SHE WAS HAVING A PANICK ATTACK!

I watched it because I saw myself in that. I get like that when I'm having a panick attack. She was breathing in and out to control the panick, and she didn't even throwup, she was just gagging I think.

Anyways, put yourself in that position before saying it's nothing to panick about.

I think Skon meant she was ugly IN ADDITION to everything else, not BECAUSE of her phobia.

In any case, yeah, I felt bad for her about the panic attack, but quite frankly, I hated them both - I kept saying that he chose law student Barbie over construction worker Barbie. Personally,I liked Trish!
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

AH NO NOT TRISH! lol!!!

eh, I just think she wasn't very good looking compared to the other girls.

I dunno...I didn't think she was having a panic attack...I would have understood a bit more if it seemed like that to me.

I thought I heard some splashing, maybe I'm wrong, which makes me think she actually did throw up rather than just gag, and then said she was going to again, perhaps they cut that part out.

My personal choice would have been that cute dark haired pharmaceutical sales girl. Ah well, I guess he coulda done much worse!

I didn't watch the show, but I thought it was interesting when Skon said that the preview that alluded to the v* made her feel like she wanted to watch. I do that too and I don't know why!! I'd guess its kind of the control thing maybe - we like to know what's going on or something? Its weird.
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

ah, yeah I'm a guy....I know, mostly women watch those shows so I don't blame you for the assumption..my girlfriend watches it and I got sucked in.

But yeah, I just had to watch that after seeing that foreshadowing. Somehow I really wanted to see it, even though I was a bit horrified. It wasn't traumatic or anything. Just a bit unsettling. But I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Maybe it's like those people who jump off buildings and stuff....adrenaline addicts. Being scared is being scared I guess, doesn't matter that you're jumping off a cliff for fun or genuinely terrified of throwing up.

I turned during that sceen! You are all much braver then I!

They showed that scene over and over in the "previews" during every commercial break for the whole 2 hours. Then when it came to the actual scene, it definitely sounded like they dubbed in vomit sounds, cuz you didn't see anything - I don't think she even threw up. It looked a lot like panic to me...poor thing. I think she just knew he wasn't going to pick her, but had signed a contract and had to go through with being humiliated on national television.

My kids and I watched the whole series, but we won't again. Some things are just plain cruel and exploitive of peoples' feelings. Don't even get me started on the "Swan" or that horrible "American Superstar" where they're trying to find the worst singer in America, but tell the participants they're really the best until the end. GAK!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.