Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My calves are very sore, and I can't figure out why. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. Am I coming down with something, or why else could this be happening?
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

This is very odd since my Calves have been sore all day for no real reason. It's really weird lol I sometimes get that and for no reason at all and it goes away the next day. I definately don't think you are coming down with something and I think it should go away.

xxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

maybe you have been on your feet alot? or are u breaking in new shoes?

I get that a lot when the weather changes - especially when the humidity increases a lot.

I am not trying to scare you by any means, but last time my legs were sore, I woke up in the middle of th night with a high fever, I had a really bad kidney infection. Not to say you have a kidney infection, but sometimes your muscles will ache when you are coming down with something, or sometimes its nothing. So try not to worry...Maybe I shouldn't of responded??

You could have just slept funny or stretched to much in your sleep.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

you could have slept funny, been on ur feet too long, or exercised a muscle that you dont usually exercise (you can do that without even knowing about it). I wouldn't worry!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hmmm....I did wear new shoes on Tuesday, which gave me blisters. Think that could be it?
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

New shoes could definately be the culprit, especially if they had heels!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I've had pain in my lower legs off and on over this past entire year! I have no idea what's causing it. I guess it's time i get it check out hehe!

So how are your legs feeling these days, Kel?
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Much better, thanks. Actually, mentally I'm feeling much better, too. Thank goodness for medication. Now I can actually get to work on my therapy!!!

Excellent!!! I am so glad to hear that! If you don't mind my asking..what meds are you taking?
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Prozac and Klonopin. I'm slowly working up to the proper Prozac dose (it's been hard, b/c I fear it will make me v*....but no side effects so far). The Klonopin is a long-acting benzo, or tranquilizer. These can be addictive though, so I'm thinking that my dr will wean me off them once the Prozac completely kicks in. At this point though, I needed the Klonopin. I wasn't able to eat or sleep, and I could barely work. The Klonopin has at least leveled me out so I can do those basic things.

I don't know how long you've been on Prozac, but i was on 20mg for 10 years, and never had any bad side effects. No v*ing from it at all. The worse effect i had was in the first week of taking it, all i wanted to do was sleep, but that went away after my body became used to it. I also experienced some short term memory loss the whole time i was on it, but it was nothing bad. Prozac and Xanax were the first meds they put me on and after a few months i did wean off of the Xanax for the same reasons you said above (due to it being an addictive drug), but i remained on Prozac for the next 10 years and that alone really took care of both my anxiety AND depression.

I seriously doubt that you'd have any problems with increasing your Prozac (as long as the Dr. okays it, of course). If you haven't had any negative reactions so far, then i'm sure you will be just fine on a slightly higher dosage. So don't worry about v*ing from it...cuz you won't!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sillygirl
    I get that a lot when the weather changes - especially when the humidity increases a lot.

that happens to me with my knees. it used to be my legs ached when the weather changd, but now just my knees.

nothing to worry about. everyone gets aches and pains that are totally unrelated to anythign viral or anything like that.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

If you're really tense and anxious, your legs will hurt the next day cuz you will have inadvertently tensed your leg muscles. I used to get that when I would fly. Now I take a little Ativan, and ride the plane cool as a cucumber!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.