Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default More Anxiety than I know what to do with

Hey all so I am having a terrible time with this panic attack and it is just getting worse now I have the tight throat feeling. I have had this stomach ache on and off since 7:30 tonight....I keep telling myself that I dont have the flu but every time I breathe I feel closer to throwing up. Help please

Default Re: More Anxiety than I know what to do with

Aw hunny, how are you now? Take small sips of water and try to relax. If it is the flu then what can you do right? But I have some good news for you. I have the same thing since about 7.30 last night aswell. I just thought to myself, hey! better to throw up food than stomach acid right?! So I ate curry ( not the best thing to eat as it doesnt look the nicest) but it was what my mum had made alreaady.
    I went to bed abit anxious and I woke up with a stomach ache. I was sure I would V* I still dont feel 100% but im relaxing and i just have o think HAY what can you do? Private message me ifyou like for support and I can talk you trhough it.
    Dont worry, when you actually vomit, it isnt as bad as you have made it to be in your mind.
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

Hey Maddie, Thanks for the encouragement. I ended the post so abruptly because I thought for sure I was going to V. I went into the bathroom put on some relaxation music and rinsed my face off with cool water and thankfully the tight throat phase is almost gone now. I appreciate the reply and will definitely return the favor if you need encouragement. Hopefully though you wont need it and you will be able to get in under control.

It sounds like it was the anxiety that was causing you the problem.
    "Free speech is like money, some just have a lot more of it than others"

Formerly GuitarFreak

For what it's worth I get the tight throat feeling and the feeling like I'm going to heave at any moment when I'm really anxious but it never makes me vomit. When I've actually vomited it felt different, more in the stomach than the throat and there was no mistaking that I was sick and not just anxious.

i agree, when i get anxious my throat tightens and its horrible! but when i was actually ill my throat was fine but my stomach just ;felt horribbly uncomfortable and heavy.

Hate that feeling! Anxiety-induced nausea is almost worse than that caused by actual illness. Feel better!