Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Does anyone else get this as a symptom of Emetophobia?

First of all, this is my first post,

I find that if I don't poop every morning, I begin to get anxious because I fear that the food is building up inside me and will eventually make me sick. When saying it out loud it sounds silly, but I generally have this problem all the time. If I only go a little bit, I panic. If I don't go at all, I panic!

Am I the only one with this symptom? And if so, what advice would advice me?

Thanks

Default Re: Does anyone else get this as a symptom of Emetophobia?

I don't personally have this thought but it's possible that one or two of the other guys on here do. Everyone has irrational thoughts around emetophobia, that's why it sounds silly when you say it out loud because your rational side is telling you it's untrue and won't cause you to vomit, yet the emetophobe is worried it will.

I'd try and keep in mind what happens on those occasions when you do only go a little, or not at all - nothing, right? I bet you've been there many times and I bet not once has it made you vomit

Quote Originally Posted by pythonblade View Post
    First of all, this is my first post,

I find that if I don't poop every morning, I begin to get anxious because I fear that the food is building up inside me and will eventually make me sick. When saying it out loud it sounds silly, but I generally have this problem all the time. If I only go a little bit, I panic. If I don't go at all, I panic!

Am I the only one with this symptom? And if so, what advice would advice me?

Thanks
    I dont have this at all. It makes me feel safe when I gotta go BECAUSE I feel like its locked away in a little chamber
    Dont worry it cant stock up to make you V*, you would poop your self
    If it makes you feel safe to go in the morning then go! Its not a bad habit! But if for whatever reason you CANT go if you are erm camping or something or get constipated, dont worry! Contipation:tablets. camping:Im sure you wont get that desperate and IF you do. Well, bush time

Just chill because that is impossible. WOW I wish I could say its impossible to V* all together! Anyways have a good day!
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

I can understand why you'd feel that way, but honestly - I've been 11+ days without pooping and nothing happened. Usually, after a long time the pressure will build up enough to go south instead of north (if you know what I mean)... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepCalmNow View Post
    I can understand why you'd feel that way, but honestly - I've been 11+ days without pooping and nothing happened. Usually, after a long time the pressure will build up enough to go south instead of north (if you know what I mean)... ;-)
    Oh god, this happened to me this summer. I had no bm or gas whatsoever for 10+ days, and I didn't v either. I felt very n from it, but nothing else happened. It was horrible!
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

I feel the same way.......going to the bathroom every morning before I leave the house has definitely become a daily ritual for me.....and I get a bit anxious if it doesn't happen.......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not alone. I finally went this morning, even if only a little. I think the reason I feel this way towards it is because my Mum is diabetic and the tablets she is on makes it difficult for her to go. She has v'd before but whether it was linked to that I don't know.

Thank you for your answers

Last week I bought Rob Kelly's "Cure Your Emetophobia & Thrive" book. I'm about to start Chapter 4. I've not found any improvement yet but I have noticed that I'm more aware of certain things, and also social events have become a lot easier to cope with

Quote Originally Posted by Felle View Post
    Oh god, this happened to me this summer. I had no bm or gas whatsoever for 10+ days, and I didn't v either. I felt very n from it, but nothing else happened. It was horrible!
    I agree... it's no fun!