Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Has anyone experienced this?

So last night, I didn't get home until almost 10 and just ordered a pizza cause we were hungry. Ive ate late before like this, but I did lay down and fall asleep shortly after. Well, at like 2:30 am I remember waking up in a panic thinking I was V* ( i know this is my worst nightmare! ) But after waking up gasping for air, and swallowing a few times, I noticed, I did not V, I didn't have a bad taste in my mouth, nothing was burning.... so I am not sure what happened. My husband told me it was like acid reflux. He has woken up abruptly before with kind of the same thing, but I am just not sure. I haven't eaten yet today, but am starting to feel hungry. Have had normal bowels and feel relatively fine, aside being worried. And I am now more anxious cause I am reading of people being sick. I also am taking a class at night for 3 hours a night this week, with a lot of kids. So I am all flustered! Any thoughts?
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: Has anyone experienced this?

I have had this many times after laying down shortly after eating. It is deffinalty reflux.

Pizza and laying down do NOT mix. It was acid reflux.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Let's freak out together. My Skype is always available to those who need someone to talk to! My username is SnugglePuff78.

Def acid reflux. I have had it so many times only with heartburn so my throat felt like it was on fire... I have anxiety when I get it but I just usually take an antacid or eat some apple bits and wait it out.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Yep, acid reflux. I cannot eat anything with a tomato base in the evening. This happens to me each and every time. I've found that drinking a glass of milk definitely helps reflux or as Hannah mentioned, an antacid. Tums become my best friend with tomato based meals!