Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Keeley

Default Keeley

It's been 2.5 weeks now since keeley has started showing signs of extreme anxiety after a med change by her Doctor. Her panic is seen all over her face. It is slowly coming all back. Trouble breathing, pacing on her toes, wringjng her hands, and fearing to eat all over again. She was taken off of her Seraquel due to doctors worry of weight gain and raise in blood sugar levels which can lead to diabetes. Keeley has gained about 27 lbs simce starting to take this medicine last Febuary. This medicine was used to help her onsessive thoughts of v.......and it truly did work. At the time of starting the seraquel Keeley was extremely malnurished and anemic . She obviously needed to put weight on because she didnt eat or drink ANYTHING! Now, after doing so well it breaks my heart completely to watch this phobia creep back into her little life. She hasn't missed a day of school and has straight A's. Now she is anxious about going to school and struggles to attend her dance classes all over again. She was just getting her life back and now I see her slipping away from me. Tonight she looked at me and said,"please Mommy dont let this happen again." Im going to help her all I can but honestly I too am struggling. I will end with this... I pray for anyone suffering with this phobia... if you are a religious person please say a prayer tonight for my Keeley and if you dont pray that is ok too.. just send her positive energy for strength. My little girl needs it right now. God Bless all of you!

Default Re: Keeley

Prayers. HUGS Have you checked back with her doc? Does she have the right diagnosis and med dose??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

You and Keely are in my prayers. I hope the doctor finds a solution soon!

Cyanna.... yes we were just back to the dr. last night and they increased her dose but they say it will take time. The Dr also says this med is in the same family as the last med . It is used to help with the obsessive thoughts of V...... My husband and I just hate seeing her relapse after doing so well. It's heartbreaking watching this phobia take over her life all over again. I cant tell you how hard it is to watch her poor eyes in a state of panic . I just want it all to go away.

Thank you Trudy for your prayers. I will pray for you as well!

Prayers for Keeley, and the rest of the family.

Your gentle character, grace, and unconditional love and commitment to your daughter shine through in your posts, as does your genuine concern for others afflicted with this miserable condition. You are precious. You and your brave sweet Keeley are in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs, Donna. X

Trust your instincts. If at any time you think you need a 2nd opinion, get one. HUGS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Remember that it's normal to have setbacks. She's dealt with this phobia for a long time and may always struggle with anxiety. Remind her to keep putting one foot in front of the other. FIGHT the phobia rather than allowing it to reintroduce old rituals. Send her to school, talk about other things, go outside for a walk, LIVE!