Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just had the stomach virus :(

After my 9 month old son got the stomach virus last Saturday my daughter 21 months came down with Monday night me Wednesday night and now my partner is in bed feel absolutely terrible.... I don't even no where we picked this up from as we hadn't been anywhere in a week except my mums house where neither my mum dad or siblings where ill atal my mother law has been round kissing the kids including the day i came down with it and my mum and sister kissed my daughter just before we left there's Monday night and 10 mins after is when it all started with my daughter in the car NONE are them are sick I am very confused it just seems to me the kids and hubby how can I make sure this doesn't keep reinfecting us in my house because I do NOT want it again

Default Re: Just had the stomach virus :(

Well, first of all, you don't need to worry about reinfecting anyone as once you've had it you're immune.

Second of all a virus doesn't come on that fast. Your daughter would have caught it a day or two before becoming ill. Is she in daycare? Did you go out to a shop or restaurant? A play area perhaps? She could have picked it up anywhere. Thought it was miserable, it's over with. No more reason to fear!

Hi syrup no my daughter doesnt go to daycare she got it off her brother who had it 2 days prior and god nos why as we hadnt been anywhere not to a playground or anything what I was meaning was 10 minutes it all started with my daughter my parents where kissing her yet didnt catch it nethier the mother in law anyways my hubbys just woke up and managed to just get the nausea instead of anything else and is all better now isnt it possible for a virus to mutate in everyperson in my house reinfecting me ???

Did you vomit, Aussie? You seem to be doing all right if you did. You can't catch the same virus again for at least 10 weeks. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So as far as where your son caught the virus, you mean to say that he hadn't left the house in a full week prior to being unwell? Had he seen any friends? He had to have picked it up from somewhere as the rest of you caught it. At this point it's over and done with so you really can stop worrying and breathe a sigh of relief; you got through!!!!

No vistors or been out prior to being unwell. Yes doug I vomited from 11pm until about 7am in the morning!!! same as my daughter my lucky partner just got nausea im glad its all over and done with ive just been cleaning my house like a mad woman!

I'm just still boggled about how you guys do it. How do the 4 of you stay in the house and never leave for a week? I'd lose my mind! Glad everyone is healed up and feeling better! You can rest assured that you're done for the season I'm sure.