Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Do i have it?

Default Do i have it?

Earlier on today I was visiting a friend and she mentioned she had noro this week Thursday being the day she started feeling better.

It's 2am here and I'm so worried. Just got snapped awake by nausea and I'm terrified.

How sudden is noro when it hits?

Default Re: Do i have it?

I was reading your other post. It wouldn't have hit that soon after visiting. Usually takes 24-48 hours to take over. Could be anxiety that woke you up with the nausea. I have gotten those kind of panic attacks before. Woken up nauseated and in a cold sweat.

Thank you. Hoping it's anxiety, struggling right now

I hope you're feeling better!

Better in the sense I didn't get sick during the night, no d* either. Tummy still feels 'off' though. First time I've ever panicked so much I double posted on here, definitely feeling the pressure of noro season!

I'm also in a panic. My co worker was sick with the Sv last Thursday and came back the next day and still was feeling achey. I keep thinking the virus is on my desk because she sits right behind be and hands me papers. Ugh, I'm also feeling the Sv season. I've been hearing a lot of cases...

Me too. Had been feeling pretty good about noro season thus far, not hearing too much about it, going about my business....until this week, suddenly I'm hearing a lot about it on Facebook and such, and my anxiety is going up. Christmastime always makes me a little anxious anyway, because of all the family gatherings and people possibly spreading germs. Also I've passed two separate yet both disgusting puddles of v* on the sidewalk within the span of a week. I feel like if there is a sidewalk puddle of v* anywhere in the neighborhood, I will walk past it. I can only hope that they were there for a while and no molecules were floating around! We just need to stay strong, keep up with the diligent hand washing, being careful with food, etc., and we should be OK. I don't know how people with kids deal with this.

Noro seems to onset gradually or sudden, different in everyone. I read a story of someone who woke up feeling a bit nauseated, then it builded up a little bit throughout the day until they finally did it. I've also seen videos of people who didn't even know they were sick until 10 seconds before they did it.