Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I see a lot of people posting about them seeing people getting violently ill at night, like them waking up and throwing up... why is that? THAT realy scares me... why would someone throwup for no reason? what are things that make you sick?

im not sure. maybe because we're unconcious so we cant control the n* by taking something orwhatever, it seems worse. or maybe the fact of wwaking up sick like that scares us more.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

I've also heard that your immune system is lower at night.

Actually your immune system is at it lowest point (i guess working condition) between 3 am and 5 am. Now, that is alot of the reason that KIDS tend to get sick in the middle of the night. You don't hear very much about adults, although, of course, it happens.

What I do to try to eliminate this possibility is I take a multi-vitamin at night, as opposed to the morning, and sometimes, when I have been exopsed to something, anything, I will also take echinachea!

I have no idea why this is, and obviously it has more to do with your body's circadian (natural) rythum, b/c your body cannot figure out time changes!! LOL! Plus, if you are a night worker and sleep during the day, your immune system is NOT lowest between 3 and 5 am, it will happen during the day!

That's just some stuff I learned in my nursing courses!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

O wow I just read about this yesterday I think... ok I found the site
    here: http://www.drgreene.com/21_592.html even though that article
    talks about kids I think it is the same for everyone.. it basically
    says that when lying down, pressure is on different parts of the body,
    which could make things worse. Also there is a stress hormone working
    during the day that keeps the body from feeling as much pain. When the
    day is over, the hormone weakens, and more pain comes. Another reason
    described was that during the day, there's a lot to think about, but at
    night, there's much less.. so the brain will put more energy into
    thinking about the sickness o.o

So thats prolly why when your sick with say a cold or something, you tend to feel worse at night (I know I do). Its like as soon as it gets nearer bedtime I start getting nervous, and then night is always the worst to fight off things like that. Maybe thats why we tend to have the "night nausea". I get that where if I'm gonna have an attack its just about always at night between say 11pm-2am.

I think it can also be to do with the times between eating and symptoms if you have gotten food poisoning. It can take usually 6-8 hours to get ill from food poisoning, most people eat at about 6pm say, so incubation finishes and illness starts at midnight-2am IF you've picked up food poisning
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel
    So thats prolly why when your sick with say a cold or something, you tend to feel worse at night (I know I do). Its like as soon as it gets nearer bedtime I start getting nervous, and then night is always the worst to fight off things like that. Maybe thats why we tend to have the "night nausea". I get that where if I'm gonna have an attack its just about always at night between say 11pm-2am.

Definitely, Galadriel - I think most emets areexactly same. I don't know why night should seem so much more worrying than daytime, its just one big psychological thing. That was interesting, about our immune systems being lower at night. Whenever I have a cold, its usually around 5pm that I start to feel worse.

I guess we just need to realise that generally, night is not much different to daytime when I can get that into my head during any of my nighttime attacks, I can usualyl calm down a bit.

Also when you come in contact with a stomach virus the incubation is 24-48 hours with a median of 36. Which means that you more than likely came in contact with it during the day and that would on average make you get sick in the middle of the night. Edited by: madisonsmom