Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It helps to "talk" to you!

As I read your posts, I discover that I am not alone in all my little rituals. I have to smile sometimes and say, "I'm not the only one!" Today is one of those days. I babysat my granddaughter last night around 8:00. My son called this morning and said she started to v....at 12:30. She was perfectly fine when she was here! Needless to say, I am trying to keep my anxiety at bay. Do you think that I'll get it? Right now I am debating whether to go for my anxiety medicine, but I hate to do that. I just wish I didn't have this phobia. It takes over my life! When my kids were small, it didn't seem so bad. In the last few years, it has gotten so bad. By the way, I am 63 years old. Thanks for all the kind words you offer people here.

Default Re: It helps to "talk" to you!

From what I have read and what from what many others have said you cannot catch it if she was not showing symptoms when you were around her! As long as she was alright when she was with you and showed symptoms after she left your house, you are in the clear! You should be totally fine