Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Nausea for over 24 hours and Noro

I received an email yesterday afternoon at work mentioning that Norovirus was going around. I'm not sure if they meant around the office or in the general community, but I overheard that a few people went home yesterday and today, including my manager who I'd had a fair bit of contact with on Monday. I don't know if they actually had oro, though.

I've been feeling really nauseous since yesterday, just after I got the email. This would suggest to me that it's just anxiety and not actually the virus, but I'm so worried that I'm going to v*, I barelyslep last night. It feels like I have a lump of food stuck in my throat constantly and I've had slight stomach pains (more like twinges, really). I've actually been a bit constipated (TMI, sorry!), which I suppose could explain the pain.

I'm freaking out. The nausea wouldn't have lasted this long surely? I have an interview next week for a really great job and I cannot afford to miss the opportunity. Of course, I don't want to be ill over Christmas, either.

Does this sound like Noro, and if not, can anyone suggest how I could ease my nausea??

Thanks.

Default Re: Nausea for over 24 hours and Noro

think your safe as if you had felt sick for 24hpurs with noro im sure you wold have v by now! so sounds like snxiety nausea. try peppermint tea and light meals distraction is great pepto bismol or motilium if your really feeling like you will v. this helps x

Sounds like a good ol' case of nerves to me. As long as you washed your hands accordingly and haven't been around one of your co-workers when and if they got sick, you will be fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Let's freak out together. My Skype is always available to those who need someone to talk to! My username is SnugglePuff78.

From what i hear, noro tends to strike very fast, if you'd had it for 24 hours you would have definitely know about it by now so im pretty sure it cant be that. Peppermint or mint chewing gum usualy work well as emergency stomach settlers too, hope youre already feeling better (:

It sounds like you're over-anxious. If anything was going to happen, it would have by now. That's how I always try to think, anyway. Do you have a hobby? Something you can do to occupy your hands? That helps me out a lot when I get nervous.