Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sister is Exposed! Help!

My little sister came home form school today saying her best friend v*'d twice at school today. She had lunch with the girl and sat two seats away from her, and also was late for class because she was sitting with her while she waited for her to be picked up. My sister knows about how I feel, but she's not necessarily the most hygienic. She said she washed her hands before and after lunch but I don't necessarily believe her. She pretty much just screwed over the whole family, and she was hanging out with the girl for the past two days as well, so there no way she wasn't infected.

I'm just siting her silenty panicking because my parents aren't home and I'm supposed to be getting better but now she's brought this in the house and I already yelled at her for doing that and I feel like a shitty big sister but she just screwed everyone over.
    What do I do ?

Default Re: Sister is Exposed! Help!

Did the friend get sick in front of your sister? If not, it sounds like your sister may end up okay since she states that she washed her hands and all. If I were you I would spray down the bathroom with bleach before you use it and try not to put your hands around your eyes, nose or mouth for awhile.

Also, her friend may not necessarily have something contagious. It could be something she ate or any number of things. Regardless, just continue to be proactive in your precautions and I think you'll be fine. Also maybe take some extra vitamin c as an immunity booster, along with ensuring you are getting adequate rest.

Truth be told, we'd probably be shocked to find out how often we really are exposed to contagions on a daily basis and are never even affected. I'm not saying this to scare anyone, just saying it as a reminder that our immune systems are often much stronger than we think.