Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Stupid reason for anxiety

I had a sip of Coke Cola and I burped. The burp tickled my throat so I coughed at the same time. The feeling of my stomach and the weird pressure release was the EXACT same as the calm between vomiting retching. In fact, i was convinced my body was in a vomiting cycle and was basically waiting for an unwarranted emetic episode to continue. I wasn't nauseated specifically and I was feeling kinda fine till then. Now my stomach feels weird and anxiety is slowly creeping up on me... well, not slowly, rather quickly. hell, almost instantly. I've been feeling dead all day today so that sucks... what is worse is that I can't take my sleep aids when my stomach is in distress (especially not anymore fizzy drinks)

I would take an anti-emetic under my tongue, but I kinda can't anymore.

Default Re: Stupid reason for anxiety

youre fine! fizzy drinks always make me burpy and like you i panic if i even just cough on my food thinking that my body is trying to reject it:') hope youve calmed a little more now x

Default Re: Stupid reason for anxiety

You're right haha! I did calm down quite rapidly... in about 10 minutes, I forgot it even happened. I think it was a mix of GERD and the fizziness. Funny how anxiety works right? Haha!