Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New here, fiance is sick...need help!

I am phobic about both seeing/ hearing other people get sick and myself getting sick. My fiance woke up this morning with stomach pain. An hour later, he jumped out of bed, ran to the bathroom, and v'ed. I gathered my things and went to the gym, which is where I am now. I feel like the worst fiance but I'm so panicked right now. I'm afraid to go back to our house and find him v-ing. I'm afraid of getting sick. Help :-(

Default Re: New here, fiance is sick...need help!

Also he has body aches and chills. What does that sound like? I was already sick once this year, I can't do it again!

Hey there, welcome to the forum. It does sound like a bug. You will be okay though if you wash your hands and keep your hands away from your face and are not near him when he V. It could well be a one and done. So sorry you're going through this, just remember that as all these things do, this too shall pass. X

I am in a similar situation! I am on holidays in europe and I was sick about a week ago (i assume food poisoning) .. but about 30 mins ago my partner got up and started vomiting! I am freaking out in major panic attack mode! It's almost worse when its someone other than me! I just want to go home.

Sorry to be no help to you but its comforting knowing you're in a similar situation!

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel, your not alone, just remember. Does your fiancé know about your phobia? Remember to wash your hands, and tell him to bleach the bathroom. I am caring for my little one, whom I don't know if she got food poisoning or has a sv. Its driving me crazy not knowing, and I'm terrified I'll be sick. Just remember your not alone and if you ever need advice or just to vent, this is the place to come to b/c we all understand.