Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I posted earlier on fun things we do in the fall/winter, and I remembered our last trip to the corn maze/pumpkin patch/family farm place we went to last year. I started giggling about it so I thought I'd share.

We were having a great day. The weather was warm, the kids were having a blast. We took the hay ride out to the corn maze and in the middle of the maze, my then-2-yr-old stops dead in his tracks, doubles over holding his tummy yelling "I need a doctor Take me to the hospital!!" Then he goes almost limp and won't open his eyes. Scary, right? Well, scary enough for me of course to freak out about his tummy (in my mind only--I really kept it together quite well) and enough for the people that worked at the farm to call 911! The volunteer firefighters/emts show up and by then my son was acting fine. We figured we should take him in to the dr. (even though I wasso relieved he didn't v* I was almost euphoric I was still worried about appendicitis or something). But first he said he had to go potty. Ok, sorry to be crude here, but this is just hysterical. He sat down on the potty and let so much gas go it sounded like a frat house after a bean chili dinner. I fgured that was probably what it was, but we still took him to the emergency room where he was diagnosed with "FOS Syndrome"--figure out the acronym--constipation.

So, now when I look back on that, it started out as a big emet freak out moment and turned into something we laugh about every time we think about it. Our little "drama king!!"

Thats funny, sometimes it amazes me how we freak out about things.

Im still trying to figure out the acronym, lol
    Im a little slow this AM, lol

Lord that sounds like a story I had one time...we were in Walmart and my youngest kept saying his stomach hurt really really bad....and then all of a sudden he started farting and I mean they were so loud and long...we were laughing so hard...and he was doing it going down the aile's and he was laughing and everyone heard him...and he and his father and his older brother would try to hurry up and get on another ailse before he would come up behind us and let out a huge gas bomb.......It was soooooooooooooooooooooooo funny...but yeah I can relate b/c of course i thought he was going to v in Walmart.....but it turned out to just be gas.....how crazy our minds can be....good thing we can laugh about it later....thanks for the story...Kate
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Jennyleigh,

I think it means Full Of s***!

Am I right, mommyof3?

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shoulda figured that out, lol

I told you guys I was slow this AM LOL!!!!
    [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_27.gif[/img]

My 3 year old son gets terrible pains in his stomach when he has to fart or go to the potty. It does freak me out every single time, even though i know what it is, i keep thinking, maybe this time is different and he will v*. The kids farting is a great laugh for any of us, especially when you are in a busy place like Walmart, or a not so busy place like a quiet aisle in the grocery and only a few others hear it and think it is you!!!

Edit! Sorry about that!Edited by: harmonygirl72
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Yes, Mary!! Isn't that awful? But honestly, they even did an xray of his abdomen, and sure enough! LOL!!!

Another funny thing is that we had plans that night and my sister-in-law babysat. Since he wasn't really sick she insisted we still leave him. Well, his "problem" abated at her house that evening! OK, sorry, TMI, but between him being newly potty-trained and fascinated with the toilet and the finally going,my poor sil was in the bathroom with him all evening!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

My son has IBS and gets sharp stabbing pains all the time. I still fret because I am always on V**** alert.

Stella

These parping stories are so funny [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb