Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My cat puked in my room

So firstly, my mother and father were both feeling ill this whole week, but didn't tell me because they know I'd quarantine myself and completely distance myself from them for the month (lol kinda). I didn't know that till today. I've been feeling icky the past 5 days so i can't shake the feeling that I'll probably catch something bigger. Not necessarily Noro, but general sickness. So I was sitting here, off... NOT resorting to Promethazine... then I turn towards my door and see my mothers cat vomit right inside my room. It then ran from my room. My sister was laughing so hard. "it wanted to piss you off"

Coincidences hurt. It affected me more than if my family vomited. I grew shaky and it was just WAY more gross than human for some reason. I already disliked the cat... now I hate it. My room has a weird odor now and I've sectioned that portion of the room and now have to resort to hurdling the frame of my door to leave. My sister cleaned it thankfully, but it is still gross. It doesn't come in my room, so why did it walk halfway in my room, puke and run? I hate the cat so badly! So my family sick, I'm kinda sick and the fucking cat puked in my room. My doctor said not to take any more big Promethazine doses until a Metoclopramide Sublingual is accepted by my health insurance. it's getting hard not to take another pil;l with everything so happens ruins my month! At least the SAD Lamp is working!!

Default Re: My cat puked in my room

Cat's puke all the time. They can puke from new food, eating too fast, drinking too much, eating something weird, and last but not least a hairball. Cat's just puke frequently. I have had cats my whole life and I have never gotten sick from my cat puking. Which I swear is like once a week. I just put my hand in a plastic bag and clean it with a paper towel, water, and carpet cleaner if necessary.

Cats v* alot, it's not contagious
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm sorry this happened when you were already feeling really low and anxious But as the others have said, cats do v* a lot and it is not contagious to humans at all. I hope you feel much better soon.

My cat is an attention v-er. He v's every day several times a day just to get attention. He's healthy as a horse. Cats just v a lot. Most diseases don't pass from cats to humans. Unless he has ringworm or pink eye (which do pass to humans), you have nothing to worry about. He probably just had a hairball or ate too fast.

It's just enraging that it so happened to walk into my room and do it. I'm not afraid of say... catching an illness, but the fact that it was vomit makes my brain shut off haha! I was told that Tin Foil at the frame of my door would prevent the cat from coming in my room.

Just out of curiosity, why do you hate the cat so much? I do not know anyone who ever got sick cuz their cat v*. Cats v* a lot. My grandmother had one and I swear at least once a month or more she says she has to throw him outside on her deck so he can v* out there.

You should try and get to know the cat. They really do help anxiety. Maybe you'll find you don't dislike them as much when you get to know one.

I just dislike cats because they aren't fun pets haha! I can actively play with a dog, but cats are soooo timid. It so happens that this cat, being 2 years old, was grieving (which is understood) when we took it... it had a weird meow (a "mow" or "aow") which kinda triggered my misophonia. Then it wants to vomit in my room

I don't think I would dislike it if we've taken it when it was a kitten... much rather a dog though :/

Cats love to play. Just get a bit of string or yarn and they will go nuts playing. My cats' favorite toy is a bit of leather lacing with some feathers and beads glued to one end.

You can't hate a cat because it vomited. Honestly. It probably has a hairball, ate too fast, etc. It's an animal and it does what it feels it needs to do. It's innocent. Yeah, I hate when my cats vomit but someone else cleans it up and it's not the end of the world. I may be coming off as a bitch but cats are my favorite creature in the world and you can't blame it for feeling ill.
    M I D N I G H T

I can understand that. I just don't like cats. It puking just fortified my hate for them haha! I don't mean to disrespect cat lovers if it came off as such.

Cats puke, just like humans. No one should have anger directed to them animal or otherwise for puking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

It's not him puking in general, it's the irony. It did make me hate him more but that's that. Nothin' to continue about. My prerogative, my morals, my choice... just drop it.

I'm gonna echo what the others said and say it's not the cats fault. Keep in mind that it didn't do it to piss you off, animals don't think like that

My main aim in replying to this though is to say how awesome I think it is that you haven't jumped right to downing a bunch of promethazine, that's fantastic. I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear this from but I'm really proud of you Keep it up!
    Come visit my history blog:

It's my doctors doing... he is taking me off of Promethazine for a lower dosage sublingual medication. He isn't giving me a full months use either. He is giving me 6 refils, but only like, 15 pills. I'm fine with it. It is causing constipation which is causing nausea anyways. The cat randomly likes me for no reason. I didn't do anything to him, but he claws my door until I open it and lays down next to me. I still prefer a dog haha

Cats like people who aren't too animated. He probably thinks your room is a safe haven where he'll be left alone. leave your door open and the closet door open and see if he goes in there or under the bed. That's where my cats go when they want to be left alone to sleep undisturbed. He's probably just coming to you to sleep.

My cat Buster sometimes vomits. I cringe to think of what my carpet padding must be like. However, I don't imagine that even liquid v would soak through to the padding like urine does. Buster has been eating only canned food for the past few years, so it's messy when he vomits. When he was eating dry food, it wasn't as bad. Whenever I see or hear Buster heaving, I pick him up and put him into the junkroom that has a bare wooden floor. That way, it won't get on the carpet. My other cat Betsy used to bring up hairballs. She passed away last winter.

Susan

I don't have a cat, but have two dogs and animals just puke, usually for no reason. My little one just barfs, sometimes a few times in a row, acts blah for a few minutes afterwards and then is suddenly better and wants to play and even eat. She has even eaten and then proceeded to barf in my room on my carpet. It has actually helped my phobia in many ways. i can now clean dog vomit without issue. Human vomit is a whole other matter. You won't get sick from it, honest. And echo KJ, I am glad you didn't use your meds to cope. That's a huge step, just don't hate your cat for it. It'll be okay, honest.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

I recently watched a video that called cats, "furry little jerks" and showed them tormenting dogs by stealing their beds, blocking doorways, etc. I laughed my head off, but it's true! My wife and I have a couple of them (who do puke frequently for one reason or the other by the way), and they ARE furry little jerks! It's like they can sense stuff and then run with it. One of our cats will get up onto our bed when she pukes (or has before). I swear the cat can and will feel it coming on in the living room and then run to our bed just for that very purpose. Needless to say we now keep our bedroom door shut.

Even so, please don't worry. You won't catch anything from the cat puking. Our cats do it from eating too fast, hairballs, new food, anything and you name it, a cat will puke.

You can try cleaning the carpet where she puked with a bit of diluted vinegar. That will remove the smell or maybe even with some color safe bleach.

Oh and let me make note that I do love cats! I love dogs too and well, I just love animals in general.
    Last edited by ewilkins; 12-16-2013 at 11:19 AM.

you'll be okay. Cat viruses do not generally species jump, if it is even a virus, which is doubtful. They just throw up, cats especially. But cats can also alleviate anxiety; maybe you should try forming a connection with it. Its worth a try. It works, it helps my anxiety to pet a cat or watch them play.
    "Just as the commandment 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' sets a clear limit in order to safeguard the value of human life, today we also have to say 'Thou Shalt Not' to an economy of exclusion and inequality. Such an economy kills" Pope Francis. This atheist approves that message

Quote Originally Posted by rexymeteorite View Post
    you'll be okay. Cat viruses do not generally species jump, if it is even a virus, which is doubtful. They just throw up, cats especially. But cats can also alleviate anxiety; maybe you should try forming a connection with it. Its worth a try. It works, it helps my anxiety to pet a cat or watch them play.

The term "species jump" made me think of the book THE HOT ZONE by Richard Preston. It's about dangerous exotic viruses such as Ebola. Preston uses the term "jumping species" a lot in the book.

Susan