Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Utter dread

Default Utter dread

This has happened twice now. I went to my cousin's house and one of them has, quote from my cousin, "a bug." She said she was feeling queasy and she had a sore throat, and then we had afternoon tea. Not washing her hands, of course, she touched all the food despite her queasiness. My mum and sister ate the food that she touched, AND I HUGGED HER before she said that she was sick. I can't eat or sleep. I have overwhelming warm prickles of fear when I think about it. My holidays just started and I do not want to deal with this now. I've been trying so hard lately to get past my anxiety, but each day there's something that keeps my panic attacks rolling on. Like yesterday, I went to the city to see Christmas lights, and it was as crowded as Beijing there. So many people were coughing and pushing and shoving. I just can't do it anymore. I had a life.

Default Re: Utter dread

if she had a sore throat, was eating and just felt queasy it's more likely to be a cold of some sort. When I get a cold or sore throat and have post-nasal drip or swallow lots because my throat hurts I get a queasy belly as well (and the only thing that helps is to eat regularly to give the belly something to work on other then gunk!). *hugs* I'm sure you're going to be alright.

She wasn't cough-ish or sniffy, but she said she was queasy, really tired and she had a sore throat. She also said she was like this yesterday. I'm feeling more hopeless than scared now...

Not a sv*. Sounds like normal winter stuff. Not a real sickness. I have friends who say that kind of thing ALL WINTER! If she's eating and hosting people in her home I'd put money on it not being anything to be concerned about!