Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Have any of you ever not gotten noro? Is it possible?

I wanted to know if any of you have never gotten noro? Is it possible to never catch it, even when caring for someone with it? My anxiety is through the roof b/c I'm caring for my daughter right now and I am petrified I may get it. Maybe she has it maybe not, I don't know, I wish I could just have an answer that tells you what is wrong. And when is there going to be a vaccine for it? Hate this.

Default Re: Have any of you ever not gotten noro? Is it possible?

I think that she had it, but i also think that it's over and done with. I have had it multiple times and it's REALLY not a big deal. Miserable for a few hours, yes, but not worth the time and anxiety it causes for us. I have a friend who's never had it. Bizarre. The vaccine will be ready sometime in the next few years. You're going to be FINE!

It is possible to avoid it, yes! I posted on your other thread too, but I avoided it when my son (then 2 yrs old) had it. My hubby has had it twice and neither time did I catch it from him. My mother (another emet) only caught it once from my brother and I while we were growing up, and between us I know we had it in the house at least 6-7 times (I remember having it 3x, my brother had it 3 or maybe 4x, and only once did we as children even give it to each other!).

Cleaning helps me when I'm panicking. I clean everything the sicky may have touched 3-4 times at least with bleach solution. It has always worked so far. Wash your hands and hers thoroughly after every diaper change/potty visit for the next few days. Don't let your daughter handle anyone's food but her own for at least a week. Bleach the toilet or potty chair (if she uses one) after she has gone poo.

You can survive this! The worst part is behind you Try to breathe, try to eat something, try to find something funny to watch on tv. It will be okay.

Sorry, I misread your question. Don't remember if I ever caught it from my 8 year old, but I've never caught it from my 4 year old and my sons have never caught it from each other. You're going to be A-OK!

I have had tons of sv. Where everyone is vomiting arpund me and I don't
    I get stomach cramps and severe diarrhea. Fever and a bunch of other weird things but have somehow managed to not get sick. Well so far. I know some were noro, some were probably something else. I have been expoesed to a lot of it also. A couple years ago my family caught something that caused 2 of my boys to vomit like crazy,one was nauseous and had a belly ache and my hubby vomited. Me and the baby didn't get it. Mam did it suck though.