Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: weird sounds

Default weird sounds

Ok, does this happen to anyone else? When I am real worked up and nervous my stomach makes Terrible noises. Then I start worrying if I am catching what I am worrying about. Nothing like adding fuel to the fire.

Default Re: weird sounds

That happens to me too. Even if I feel fine and I hear weird noises coming from my stomach it can make me start to work myself up and then feel nauseated.

This is happening to me right now actually. It happens when I'm anxious, and at other times too. I chalk it up to IBS.

Thanks
    I really hate it.

YES! It's IBS. Totally normal. I asked my colorectal surgeon about it when I had my colonoscopy and he said that's one of the #1 signs of IBS. Good to know; still hate when it happens!

my IBS is currently getting worse(so bad that i had to miss work tonight because of it) I plan on seeing a doctor about it in the new year. Are the sounds from your stomach or bowels, or both? i seem to get them in my bowels just after eating and for some reason in my stomach when i lie down, usually in bed.

It's normal to get them anywhere in your pastro. tract. That's why (sorry to be gross) you can even have those 'butt growling' sensations at times. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble IBS flare ups are the WORST! Try some chamomile tea and a heating pad on your tummy. Take it easy. It's not fun but also doesn't last forever.

Happens to me all the time!!