Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Either my e* has gotten out of control or I am losing my mind, or both.

I just heard a loud noise, walked into the kitchen and saw a co-worker
    standing over about 12 bottles of coke and coke ALL over the walls, the
    floors, etc. Apparently someone had stacked one of those fridge packs
    incorrectly and they all fell out when he opened the fridge.

Well I helped him clean it up but now I am convinced and really
    frightened that instead of coke it was v* and I just cleaned up v* and
    I will therefore get a sv. Maybe he just used the coke thing as a cover
    of some sort?

Oh god help me I know how crazy that sounds - am I going insane?

Hmm.. if it looked like soda, i'm sure that's what it was. If it were v*, it would have smelled like it. I'm sure you will be ok.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

You're not crazy, it's the emet talking. Hard as it is look at it rationally, why would he cover it up if it were v*? Non emets don't have the v* issues we do. Also as babygap said you would have smelt it immediately. It would have been obvious had he v*ed. It's very easy to let your mind run away w/ these types of thoughts but you don't have to. I know it's hard and easy for me to say but try to force yourself to stay realistic. I hope this helps and that you're feeling better!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Sometimes when I get really stressed out, the emet. gets out of controll and I start thinking irrationally . That sounds like what you may be experiencing.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Nope, you're not going crazy. Your mind is just trying to scare you. If it was v*, you would have known. Just look at the evidence: 12 broken Coke bottles, brown fizzy liquid on the floor. No evidence of v*. You're safe...promise.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

Lewis,

My mind gets the best of me like this all the time. There is no reason to be hard on yourself. Just try really hard to stop thinking about it. It was coke, that is it.. Move along. Stop beating yourself up and pat yourself on the back for helping out a co worker. You're a good person.
    \"This too shall pass\"

What your mind is doing is tormenting you. You know it was cokebut your mind is playing devil's advicate and saying, evilly, "It was v*, ha ha ha". We are our own worst enemies at times. Last week a lady knocked off a bottle of red wine in the supermarket, I saw it as it smashed on the floor and splattered. Thena guy came over with a mop to clean it up.... then my mind started saying "Imagine that was v*, just look, imagine..." You have to try and nip those nasty thoughts in the bud. Hope it helps to know you are not going crazy!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

it was definitly coke... and I think your emet really did get a bit out of control, but thats okay cause it happens to the best of us

i agree... it was definitly coke. but ive been there, i know you how
    feel and ive definitly turned somethign that DEF wasnt v* into, "it is
    v* and now i will get sikc" its called catasrophizing.. hey look i
    learned somethign in college
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

I like what shiva put down and so true Lewis.
    Believe me if it was puke you would know! I had the same thinking patterns as you and some how I corrected them, it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by ontariogirl
    I like what shiva put down and so true Lewis.</font>
    Believe me if it was puke you would know! I had the same thinking patterns as you and some how I corrected them, it can be done.</font> </font>

I agree with all of you. My thinking patterns MUST change - this is becoming overwhelming.

Best,

Lewis