Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Goodie - worrying about a Xmas decoration

I just managed to avoid a bug that my cousin had when I went to her house, now I'm going through YET another panic attack. I accidentally brushed my mouth against a christmas decoration that has been sitting in dust for one year. My question is, could I have caught anything? I washed my mouth with mouthwash, brushed my teeth and spat out the saliva before I swallowed after brushing my mouth against the decoration. Please help, I'm getting reeally nervous.

Default Re: Goodie - worrying about a Xmas decoration

You'll be absolutely fine. The only thing you risk is a few sneezes from a dusty ornament...you're ok.
    M I D N I G H T

U will be fine. I'm worrying cuz I did something way worse this morning!!! My mouth brushed against a ribbon I stroke every night, with dirty hands (cuz I play on my phone to help me relax before sleeping). I brushed my mouth afterwards but ugh :-/ so yeah, we r both going through the same thing! But your decoration was less dirty cuz it hasn't been touched in like a year. Norovirus can't live that long ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNumber View Post
    I just managed to avoid a bug that my cousin had when I went to her house, now I'm going through YET another panic attack. I accidentally brushed my mouth against a christmas decoration that has been sitting in dust for one year. My question is, could I have caught anything? I washed my mouth with mouthwash, brushed my teeth and spat out the saliva before I swallowed after brushing my mouth against the decoration. Please help, I'm getting reeally nervous.

Dont worry about a thing, it is impossible to have picked something up when you didnt even swallow the saliva, and then you washed your theeth and mouth! Also theres no saying that there was even a bug on the decoration in the first place. Its fine, I was watching a youtube video and some kid was at disney land and there was a big rotatin gball with water flowing down it, the kid put her mouth on the ball and drank the water! She didnt even get ill from it! Remeber we have got immune systems so being in concact with a bug doesnt always mean out immune systems fight cant it off! If you panic that easily, I would reccomend going to wikiHow and looking for how to hve a better immuine system during winter, I am doing what it says and it helps with a little peace of mind during this season. Good luck!
    Last edited by Maddie-_-; 12-20-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: left an important word out :P
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears