Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Nanny with a sick baby

Hey guys I'm new here. I'm a nanny for a 7 month old who just started baby food. We've had a rough evening, a head bonk and some upsets. I was giving her baby Tylenol when she v*d everywhere twice. I dealt with it and even got my hands in it a bit which I'm proud of myself for but now I'm having a panic attack thinking that she may have a bug and now I have it. Please help );

Default Re: Nanny with a sick baby

How hard did she hit her head? If she v'ed after she hit her head, I would get that checked out. That can be a sign of a concussion. If she didn't hit her head very hard, then it could just be that she didn't like the Tylenol. My son v's when I give him Tylenol. He has a sensitive gag reflex and if he doesn't like the taste of something, up it comes.

If you are able to contact an advice nurse, I would give them a call. V* after a head bump could be serious. Also, if you have her checked out you will know if it is a bug and be able to concentrate. If she doesn't have a fever I would say it is probably the head injury or the tylenol.

I used to be an emt and I checked her for a concussion, pupils and everything so I know it wasn't the head injury. She didn't hit her head very hard. I'm just so scared that I'm going to get sick now and the incident keeps replaying in my head ): help.

I sometimes work with kids who are just starting on baby food too and they throw up all the time lol! I've never caught anything. Really try not to worry about it!