Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, its offical, I am having surgery. Probably have to have 2 actually. I went to the doctors today, and he is not sure what is blocking it, he thinks it has grown back closed, so in the next week or two I will be having surgery where they will insert a scope into my bladder and look to see what is going on. Then they will place a stent in my kidney to help drain the urine. After this surgery, I will have to be opened up to permentaly correct the problem. And to top it all off...they found a bunch of kidney stones. And the real bitch of this all is...today, I got offered the job that I have been wanting for the past 3 months. I had to turn it down cause they needed someone to start right away, and I can't cause of my surgeries. My luck huh?? Well, I will let you guys know when my surgery is. I am so frusrated by this whole thing. So please think of me, I am scared I am going to fall back into depression. I am just having the worst luck, and it is really taking a toll on me.

Michele

I'm so sorry to hear that you have to have surgery again. I'm also sorry about the job. You know that saying, whatever doesn't kill us will make us stronger?! Well, I have a feeling that you will emerge from this stronger than ever. I understand your frustrations, but, try to think of the positives in your life. That job that you wanted for 3 months and were finally offered, who's to say that you would have liked it? It's possible that your upcoming surgery stopped you from going into a job that you may have really disliked. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Remember, you can always find friends here.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I'm sorry you had to get this news, Michele. Hopefully, the surgeries will go well for you and completely fix whatever is going on in your kidneys. I know you wanted this job really bad, so this is a big disappointment for you. Maybe it will come open again soon after your surgeries--you just never know. I'm getting somewhat nervous myself because I am going to be having some diagnostic tests that will require me to miss some work, which I feel horrible about. I have plenty of sick time, but I just hate to keep asking off for doctor's appts.

Hope you feel better soon!

Jess

Aw, Michele, I'm sorry. This surgery is to permanantly fix it tho right? So you dont' have to do it ever again? As for the job I agree that there is a reason for everything, just wasn't meant to be. I will keep you in my thoughts& prayers and please keep us updated! Good luck, sweetie!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey Mitch,

I am sorry that you have to go in again for more surgeries. Hopefully this round will be the last round that you'll have to go through. I agree with the others, you may have not liked the job when you got into it, or it just wasn't meant to be and there may be even something better waiting for you that you wouldn't be able to have if you were in this other job. I really hope things start looking up for you.

Aww, I'm so sorry you have to have surgery again. I hope this will be it then and you can live free and clear from now on. Keep us posted.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I'm sorry you have to go through this! It's probably best though!

Fixing your health definitely comes first. When you recuperate, there will be jobs out there, and you will be able to get another great one - I know it.

I'm sorry about the job, but the surgeries are definitely important. I
    hope they are successful so you feel great and don't have to have any
    more. Good luck![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I'll be thinking of you, let us know how it goes!

Edited by: ChippedAway

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It helps, but I am truely devestated by this whold thing. When will things work out?? I am so sick and tired of all of this. Now I am dreading when the doctors office will call me and tell me when my surgery is. The first surgery is outpatient, and the last time I had outpatient surgery, I almost v* about 10 times!! I couldn't even move my head without gagging and the urge to v*. It was so horrible, andI thought I wouldn't ever have to go through it again. They gave me about 6 shots to prevent nausea, and they didn't work in the slightest, and now I am terrified. I can't handle it, you guys, I really can't handle this anymore. I just want to be normal, and go to work and eat normally, and especially pee normally. I am so sick of the pain, and its only going to get worse before getting better, and I can't take it. I pray to God everyday to give me strength, but I feel myself slipping. I need help so bad.

Michele

Michele, I am so terribly sorry about this!!! Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you! I wish I had some more words of support to offer you...just know I am thinking of you!!

And Chipped Away, I hope that all goes well with your surgery too!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Neha, long time no see. Edited by: ChippedAway