Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Cool Easy as pie... almost (TRIGGER WARNING)

Well I ended up catching it! The dreaded bug, well either norovirus or the flu (i have a bad chest also but that's not important) and unfortunately I threw up over 20 times with it. I didn't even know I was going to throw up til about 3 seconds before so as you can imagine it was a bit of a rush. I felt off but I just thought I was having a severe panic attack and that I'd be ok soon. Anyway it happened all through Sunday night/Monday and I was practically bedbound for that. I couldn't even watch TV I was so tired. Anyway the throwing up finally stopped and I realised that it isn't HALF as bad as we make it out to be. Of course it isn't fun but it's a couple minutes of discomfort and then you feel better! So much better in fact. It's Saturday night/sunday morning now so a week after, and I'm nervous to go back to work but I'm not going to let it win, because I think, hopefully, that I am no longer afraid of vomiting! and if I still am I know what part of it I'm scared of and it can only go up from here. I know what it feels like now and I don't know how to word it but as tired as I am I'm pretty bloody proud of myself
    Trust me you lot, it isn't that bad, and you'll probably realise it when it happens to you!

Default Re: Easy as pie... almost (TRIGGER WARNING)

Good job hon. You rocked it Glad you are doing better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Good job! I do know for me, the anxiety before is what does me in. I know once I ill, it happens. But it is all before!!

You handled that really well. Congratulations! I have the flu now, and I think if I didn't have strong pain meds already, I might have v*ed too. I never thought I'd be glad for arthritis! LOL

Sorry you're sick but thank you for posting this because it makes me feel better when I hear other emets say "it wasn't that bad".

Thanking you for posting this. It gives me some hope!

Wow. That is amazing. Congratulations on the success of overpowering the fear. I hope that when I it happens to me I can be as strong as you and just grit my teeth and get through it as well.