Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just got home from work and he was laying on the couch. He told me he came home from work after about 2 1/2 hours because he felt really n*. He also said he felt like he was going to have d*, but didn't. He never v*d, and he just ate a bowl of soup. I am scared - I don't want to catch this sv! He is still acting weird, although he says he feels better. But I never know if he is telling me that because he thinks that's what I want to hear or if he really does. He says he is just really tired. He also said he felt really hot earlier at work. I just felt him and I don't hink he has a fever.

I kissed him this morning before I went to work. He said he felt fine then, but I am scared I am going to get it. What do you think?

How do you know he definitely has a stomach virus? It might not be that...

Stay calm![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I'm not sure, I guess. Whatever it is, I hope it's not contagious!

How is he feeling now? Did he just get too hot at work, or being sick made him feel hot? Has he kept the bowl of soup down.

I think my hubby sometimes tells me what I want to hear, just so I leave him alone ............
    I really dont know which Id rather be told, the truth, or a little lie.

I would much rather be told the truth. I always seem to find out anyway and it makes me angry when i find out he lied.

He said it is starting to hurt again now. He ate the soup about an hour and a half ago and yes, so far has kept it down. He was feeling sick before he felt hot, so I don't think it was from getting too hot. It all started about 10 hours ago or so, so I'm not sure what it is.

There are some family issues going on with his mom, aunts and grandma that I think may have him a little worked up. I don't know if he is upset enough about it to make him feel sick, though.

Sometimes people just have off days. Yesterday I truely thought I was coming down with a virus. I felt very car sick all day. Today I woke up feeling fine. Sometimes people just have days where they don't feel quite right, you know? Just keep a safe distance while he has symptoms and keep drinking lots of water and take your vitamins. You will be okay. I hope he's feeling better.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Well, I hope that this isnt an SV. Doesnt he have some stomach issues? Is his stomach just hurting now, or is he feeling nauseous too?

He does have stomach issues sometimes, but hasn't in a long time. I asked him if it hurt or was n* and he said he didn't know it just "ached." What do you think it is? Does it sound like a sv?

How is he this morning? How are you?

I felt bad yesterday. Really n*. I had a bad headache and I know thats why. Several things could have made him feel the way he did.

How is he & how are you?

Usually, when I or anyone I know starts a SV it comes on fast and then tapers off, it doesn't sound like one to me. I have stomach aches and N* for different reasons and so do my kids. Usually you feel really achey along with the other symptoms. That is how I know I am really sick. My body hurts really bad and all I want to do is sit in a warm bath. I know what you are feeling though. We were at the Dr. office yesterday and my husband said his stomach felt funny to the nurse, of course we were therebecause he has testicular cancer so it was probably nerves. BUt I felt so clausterphobic in the small room and felt no way out. He was fine and we found out he may not need chemo afterall, which relieved me so much. Take care.

I hope all the husbands are feeling better. it doesn't sound like an SV to me either. They do come on very strong and fast.

I felt very n* night before last and had bad d*, but it was stress and nerves and it was gone by morning.

I hope all of you are staying well, washing hands and that's all we can do. I hate that we all panic the same way and fear and SV so much. We must seem horrible to our loved ones when all we want to know is how sick they really feel, so we can avoid them. I am exactly the same way when my husband feels bad. even when he has sinus trouble, i stay away for fear he's not telling me how bad it is and that it really is his stomach.

Are there any famous movies stars etc, who are EMETS? Maybe they could get some great powerful cure for all of us!!!

Awwww Wendy, what a nerve racking thing to have to be going through. How long have you guys known about the cancer? Will he have surgery?

Welcome to the site Wendy. I think that you will find us to be a supportive group of people ............... in all areas, not just emet.

I just talked to him and he is feeling better. He says he is up for the Mexican food we were planning on tonight, so I guess he must be better. I feel ok, a little off but it is probably just from worrying about all of it.

We think it may have been some cheese he ate. It was Kraft shredded Italian cheese and when I opened the bag I thought it smelled horrible. I had my dad smell it and he thought it smelled fine. So I made my hubbya Caesar Salad with it and we think that is what caused his upset tummy. He never v* or had d*. He said he kind of feels like he is going to have d* today though, just getting it out of his system.

I hope that's all it was, so I don't get it. I feel bad for givinghim food poisoning though!

Maybe that is all it was. Im glad he is feeling better and that you can go ahead with your plans for tonight!!!

I am a little nervous abou tgoing out though. You know how us emets try not to eat for a few days after possibly being exposed to a sv? I really don't want to go load my stomach with a bunch of Mexican food. But I definitely want to go out, so I will have to just suck it up and eat it! [img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

I too have a hard time eating out, it sounds like your husband is fine. Be grateful that he is not in my husbands position being diagnosed with cancer. He was diagnosed early this month and they did surgery ( see my storey in "I need Support " post. He is healing well and the oncologist told us yesterday that he may need the retroperitoneal lymph node disection surgery soon, which is an intense surgery but better than chemo in my mind. He hates surgery and has much anxiety about it where as I am nervous about the chemo. We will see, I am trying to remain calm and be there for him. After the surgery he will be 99% cured, at this point he is 70% cured. I have to say that I am sorry that others are going through the same anxiety about emet like me, I would never wish this phobia on anyone. BUt it is comforting during the day to think about all of you and knowing that I am not the only one struggling and there are others that can support me and understand and not think I am being ridiculous. My daughter who is 2 has been waking up crying between 3 am and 4 am the past 5 nights and it scares me each time that she is waking up sick. So far she has been fine knock on wood. But I still get that anxiety.

My son wakes up and I get scared every single time. I hate when he wakes up from his nap because he is usually groggy for about 30 minutes and I daily fear that he will be sick. He is napping now and my husband won't be home until late this evening, so I get to be with him when he wakes up..YUCK.

Wendy, I hope your husband is better. I have a cousin who had testicular cancer and went on to have 3 kids after the horrible experience. He is doing great and he did do Chemo, but he never was S* from it. He did fine since it was not high doses of the chemo.

You are not insane for feeling this way. Others may think that , but that it was is so awesome about this group...they all are the same way

Thank you for your encouragement gubba, it is great to hear stories of people who didn't get sick with chemo, I feel the same way about napping, I hate when they wake up and are groggy and crabby. Do you ever find that after hearing stories from non=emets about their experiences with their kids or husbands that you are afraid the same thing will happen to you? Why is it that kids mostly get sick during the night, I always pray that if they do get sick that it would be during the day so I could have other people around to help and distract me, I hate the quiet of the house and feeling vulnerable and being woken up by that cry. Now that my oldest is 8 he pretty much knows when he is going to get sick, so he tells me right away what kind of tummy ache he has. Yesterday at the store he told me his tummy felt funny, of course I gulped, then he said, that he was hungry. I opened something from the grocery cart and gave it to him and he felt better. Where as my other son or daughter would have just said there tummy hurt and they would be doubled over, I have left baskets of groceries in the store many times for fear that they would get sick in the store. Sometimes I feel so crazy and definetly do irrational things. Everytime we goto Illinois during the holidays on a plane ( we live in Calif. ) someone gets sick and it is usually after the plane ride being in that confined area and then we stay in a small house with everyone so close and only 2 bathrooms. You can imagine the stress I under go then. I am walking around with a can of lysol and wipes all the time.

One more question, do any of you if you leave your kids with your hubby or someone else, call them frequently and ask them how your kids are doing and how they felt before they went to bed, like ask "did they say they had a tummy ache or where they acting normal before they went to bed?" Of course they always say they are fine, they rarely tell my husband that they feel sick, it is always me, probably because I am with them the most. And do any of you when you trigger that anxiety because of possible sickness, do you go to the bathroom, #2. It is like an instant laxative for me, I don't know why.

I am exactly the same way. I get D* the minute someone in my house or elsewhere for that matter tells me they feel sick. How can we get D* so easily?

I do find out how my son is every hour when I am away. We had a baby sitter the other night and I wanted to ask her before she came over if she had been well, but I knew my husband would be upset, so I did not say anything. She baby sits a lot and I know she gets exposed to things, so I always ask if she knows of anything going around...that way, I can find out if anyone she has been with had anything.

Middle of the night is awful and I also find that my son tells me when he doesn't feel well and not my husband. I think it's because I hate it so much and my husband doesn't care. HA HAHA