Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Birthing a baby in 9 weeks

I'm starting to get really anxious and scared! Only scared of one thing of course v during delivery any advice for me would be amazing

Default Re: Birthing a baby in 9 weeks

I never got sick. As soon as I got a tiny bit n*, I told my nurse and she gave me IV meds that helped almost instantly. Don't be afraid to tell them your fear and they will help keep you comfortable (well regarding getting s* anyway).

Yes, it may happen, but I know lots of people who didn't. I've also seen several people here say it's totally different than normal v* and that it wasn't scary like they expected.

I was worried about the same but got through the delivery just fine. When I got there, I let the nurse know about my concerns. She was super nice about it and has the doc put in an order for zofran just in case. I did start feeling n* (or, I got nervous and so started feeling n*, not really sure which) and had them give me a dose at one point. Then I got my epidural which helped a ton - I felt fine after that. I know some people have said that they think their epidural might have caused them to v* - I did feel a bit n* at first because my blood pressure lowered a bit, but I had them push some fluids in and I'd already had the zofran so I didn't get too panicked. I had them give me another dose of zofran when the next dose was due which was shortly before I pushed since I know that's another time when women can start v*ing. I had no problems at all while pushing.

Congrats on the little! Try not to worry too much about it, I'm sure even if it happens you won't mind once you have your baby in your arms! If nothing else, they say hormones make you forget about the pains of childbirth.

Try not to worry! I won't lie I did v* during the delivery. It was really fast and honestly it didn't freak me out. I was so caught up in making sure my baby was delivered that I almost forgot about it.
    I know that sounds hard to believe. But it's not like when you are sick and feel horrible forever.
    I was pushing and all of a sudden thought I am going to v*. It happened and I went right back to pushing.
    Even after I was so hungry (I was in labour for 16 hours and they wouldn't let me eat anything) that all I could think of was having something to eat! And trust me usually after I v* I don't want to eat for days and days.

Several of my gf never v* at all so try not to worry that you will

I hope you have a very easy birth! congrats!

I have had two kids, and never v with either during labour and delivery. I will say that I was very n and thought I was going to v, but honestly, could have cared less. I was giving birth, v did not take my focal point away from that.

You can slwAys ask for an anti emetic, tell the nurses about your fear, and they will probably be very good about it!

Take care, and congrats!

Ok thank you so much for the thoughts! I'm going to ask for the zof and hope it stops any n or v!

Not only didnt I v* during either of my labors and deliveries I was starving the entire time. I followed the advice I got from the birthing classes which was not to eat anything once labor started. I did not and therefore was starving and did not even feel a twinge of nausea. I also did not have any pain medication as I had heard that could cause v* too so I stayed away. only one of my friends v* during labor but I' m not sure why. She was in labor for about 26 hoursbefore they finally did a c-section so that may have been why. Just be sure to limit your food intake as soon as labor starts and youshould be fine. You can always ask for something if you feel n*. Since you will be in a hospital they are sure to have whatever you need. Congratulations on the baby.

I didn't vomit during labour, I didn't even feel nauseous, and of all the women I know who've had babies, only one vomited during delivery but she vomited every day for the whole 9 months she was pregnant with all 3 of her pregnancies. I know it's hard when you're emetophobic but try to focus on the birth of your beautiful baby and visualize everything going perfectly for you because most likely it will! Worst case scenario - you're in a hospital - they have powerful antiemetics they can administer if necessary. You'll be in good hands and everything will be fine.

I did not v* in labor with either of m babies. I did experience a drop in blood pressure and intense dizziness with both labors shortly after my epidurals were in, but it only lasted a few minutes. I have exchanged birth stories with dozens of other moms (it is one of those things you do at the playdates when your kids are tiny, lol!) and only know of one person who v'd during labor. I really think you will be okay. Congratulations and best wishes for a safe and easy delivery!

I didn't v or even feel n either time. Like several of the others, I was hungry.

I'm still scared but going to think positive! I just worry about c section seems like they all v during that

I'm new here but figured I would chime in with some things I have heard from friends. None of my friends who have had children got sick during labor but a few said they felt an uncomfortable stomach feeling when the baby dropped/right before pushing. I don't have kids yet but will probably start planning to try in the near future (and by near future I mean 1-2 years. Thats how long it will take me to mentally prepare for possible morning sickness and the like). Anyway, I do try to reinforce myself that we Emets have a stronger control in our brains than others to not V. So I will draw my conclusion: The folks that said the ONE friend that did get sick during labor/birthing was unlikely an emet. Also, like someone said before, getting sick during labor is not like having crippling very conscious nausea; The kind from sickness or bad food that can lead to V which we all know is our worst nightmare.

As for c-sections, my SIL had two of them. Both times (different hospitals, different states) they offered her this syrup stuff to drink to help prevent v. The first time she drank it and was fine (even though it was an emergent section and she had eaten just before) and the second time she decided not to take it and she ended up being really sick. She had insanely bad morning sickness both times, so she was more prone to v in the first place. So if they offer you that syrup to drink, take it!

Even if you did start feeling n, your anesthesiologist can push antiemetics for you. I work with anesthesiologists - trust me, they don't want you getting sick during surgery, they'll give you meds to help prevent it if they can.

I was terrified of morning sickness but now feel silly for thinking about it so much! It's more controllable then feeling n from anxiety before I was pregnant! The hunger is great too! I feel better pregnant then not as far as tummy issues go! So don't worry a out morning sickness!

I made it! Delivery and a c section no v ��

Yay!! Congrats, Jenn! Both on the baby and on handling it all so well =)

congrats!!!!! yay baby )))

Congrats to you!!!!

Congratulations on the birth of your son!!!!!! I have four sons myself, and little boys ROCK! Bless your new little family!

I wish you the best of luck and remain positive!