Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hurricane Rita

Well, here in Houston we are preparing for Hurricane Rita. Please keep us in your thought and prayers in the next few days. My husband is going to ride it out (we are about 50 miles from the coast) and he is going to send me and the dog to Dallas.

That is a POWERFUL hurricane.[img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family

God bless you and your family.....and your pet.....god willing...you all will be in my thoughts and prayers.....K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

We'll defnitely be thinking of you and praying that you get to safety. It looks as if it is getting stronger. I hope everyone in its path will move to higher ground!

Jess

We are all thinking of you and hope you are all safe. My inlaws live in Houston and we are getting them to come to us here in Tennessee.

Please be careful and know that many of us are sending thoughts and prayers your way

Thank you everyone so much for keeping us in the Houston-area in your thoughts and prayers! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Aguerra, my family and I plan on staying here too. (Welive near the Sugar Land area). My grandmother is flying in here from India tomorrow! Not a good time to come, but we had had this booked for a long time, and she is already on the plane! If they do issue a mandatory evaccuation for us, we will be heading to Ft. Worth though, where my brother is.

Let's all just hope for the best!Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You are in my thoughts- I hope you and your family stay safe and well.

May the Lord protect you and all of those who are in the path of hurricane Rita! You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Paula
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

good luck. take care of yourself and your pooch. we'll all be thinking of you
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

I hope this hurricane does as little damage as possible. It's a terrible thing particularly coming so soon after Hurricane Katrina. May you and yours stay safe and well. You are all in my thoughts.

Tracey x
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

We survived the worst! The worst is over!!! Thank you EVERYONE for your thoughts and prayers! Now I can tell people that I rode out Hurricane Rita! (If that sounded a bit dirty,sorry!) LOL! Anyway, you know what I mean! We had no damage in my area (Thank God), the power went out for a couple hours, but that's all. And of course there are rain and winds, and some areas of Houston did have some damage, and fires, but not as bad as we all had predicted. But the main thing is we are okay! And boy am I thankful! This whole thing puts everything into perspective. I did a lot of thinking over the past few days, and gosh, the things I worried about once didn't hold a candle to all of this! I hope this mentality sticks around...but I doubt it, I'll probably be back to my obssesive self in a couple hours.

Aguerra, how did you hold up?

I just feel horrible for Louisiana....they sustained a lot of damage. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I can't imagine what everyone there is going through. Any people from Louisiana on the forum? I feel selfish for being happy about Houston. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Well, power is finally back on. Other than a bunch of branches in our back yard, everything faired great. We ended having to take my mother in law to the hospital FIrday morning. She had pancreatitis. She was fine by Friday afternoon and back to our house, and back to throwing up. THey went home yesterday. THANK GOD!!! My husband was proud of how I handled her being sick. I didn't get too panicky. But I was so glad when they left. Now, we have to get our house back in order, clean out the fridge, get ready to go back to work [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts. It could have been alot worse. I don't know how much more Louisiana can take.

Oh my gosh!!! Aguerra! I am so proud of how you handled your mother-in-law being sick AND the hurricane all at the same time! WOW!! I certainly would not have been able to tackle those two things at the same time! I probably would've broken down! Good for you!

And, it'll take a while to rebuild and get Houston back to normal, but you are right. We were spared. I feel horrible for Louisiana. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I can't imagine how hard it must be for them.
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

What a nightmare the evacuation was! Rita didn't really end up hitting Galveston-Houston directly, so it really amounted to nothing here. I like the Houston anchor who said that this is a story about an evacuation and not a hurricane in Houston.