Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hello everyone, this is my first post, i am new to this website but i have suffered from this phobia since as long as i can remember. i have not been *sick* since 3rd grade, and every time i feel the least bit nausous i freak out and have a panic attack. i carry a thermometer in my purse with tums and lorazapham (an anti anxiety med that my doc perscribed me for when i panic about feeling sick).

anyway.. so i have been with my b from sometime now, and he has expressed to me how important he feels that i be on brith control, i completely agree with him but i have tried it before and it always ends up making me sick, not to mention that i have this bad habit of going to website about brith control side effects and reading all about how its made others sick.. so i think i have convinced myself that i will be sick from it.

anyway.. i started the patch, ortho evra, on sunday.. i am not even sure how long it would take for the side effects to kick in, but last night i was feeling very sick and ripped the patch off.. my bf came home, calmed me down and i put it back on.. i really need to get through this. i guess if i stick it out for 3 months, the side effects go away, but 3 months of feeling sick just freaks me out..

anyone been through this? someone help.. give advice... anything please...

I think that with Ortho Evra having nausea is a very uncommon side effect. My sister uses the patch and actually is experiencing less nausea because she used to get sick around her period and now she feels much better. Try not to think too hard about it. You are going to have days that you feel unwell, that's just life, don't blame it on the patch everytime... It could just be stress, lack of sleep, not enough water... anything. If you worry about it, you will give yourself tummy aches.

And, I will tell you another thing... As for nausea and tummy aches.. Pregnancy comes with those, too. And, it's probably much more common to feel ill when you are pregnant than when you are on the pill. Get what I'm saying ? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Good luck. Glad you found the site!!!
    \"This too shall pass\"