Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does this make any sense?

I put a nailclipper on my stomach, and then I grew nauseated. I took it off, and I was fine. I tested it several more times, and it made me nauseated. What? I'm not bloated or anything. LOL! It makes no sense haha!

Default Re: Does this make any sense?

No it does not make sense. I would say it is your imagination. If you were allergic to any metal, I would assume your skin would break out. Not a doc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Why are you putting you fingernail clippers on your belly? Not criticizing, just curious. Mine usually stay in the drawer or in the vicinity of fingernails and toe nails.

Sorry haha! I was lying in bed with my phone, and I picked up the nail clippers, but put them down for some reason on my stomach. Now that I think about it, it was probably just my congestion causing head pressure making me think it was nausea. Our minds are too strong haha

Is it possible that you have forgotten what nausea feels like? When I'm at my worst, I misinterpret perfectly normal stomach sensations. When I feel hungry, I think I'm nauseous, when I'm full, I think I'm nauseous. See where I'm going with this? Also, when I'm at my worst, I would swear on my life that what I am feeling is nausea, but in reality, it rarely is.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

That'd make sense honestly. I'm hesitant to believe that because the last two times I've vomited, I told myself that it was anxiety, and that failed haha!

Quote Originally Posted by SoVerySorry View Post
    That'd make sense honestly. I'm hesitant to believe that because the last two times I've vomited, I told myself that it was anxiety, and that failed haha!
    Actually the same thing happened with me the last two times I was sick. Thought I was just really anxious until shortly before it happened. I'm pretty rubbish at interpreting what my body is telling me!
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Stay away from the nail clippers girlfriend
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)