Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Food poisioning?

Kind of freaking over here....was at a family Christmas today and had cabbage rolls for dinner. I noticed mine was cold when I ate it but thought it was just from sitting on my plate. After I finished eating my Aunt mentioned to my Uncle that he had put the slow cooker on "warm" instead of "heat". So I have eaten food that was not heated safely! Sitting here waiting for the food poisoning to hit! How long does it usually take?

Default Re: Food poisioning?

You don't have food poisoning. You could have eaten them cold as long as they were precooked, which obviously they were for your aunt to have said that. Please relax and don't work yourself up to the point where you feel sick from anxiety. Seriously, you'll be fine.

As mentioned you could have eaten them cold if they were precooked so no need to worry.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Not to mention, you can only get food poisoning from undercooked foods if bacteria was already in it. It's the risk that we cook the food...and it tastes better anyway. You will be just fine.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream