Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello all, my name is Hew, im 17 and i go to college. I live in Australia.

Anyway, this is very annoying and i was wounder if anyone else has experienced it/found ways to deal with it??

Im a pretty shy and timidperson and i think most of the time the nausea just comes from my mind..but it seems to flare up heaps when i talk to girls!!. Its not good because i really want to hang out and talk to girls, but when i do sometimes i just began to feel very ill as if i need to go and V****. They will sometimes ask if im okay and whats wronge, but i never say...

If i feel particulay bad one day, i usually take a Dramamine, which settles things alot.

Im just curious, anyone else experience this?

Hi Hew! Yep, I used to experience this every time I talked to somebody I liked! I was so very shy and under confident when I was younger (I'm 35 now), and whenever I talked to a guy I fancied my stomach would start playing me up, churning and bubbling away, making me feel so very nauseous. It was a nightmare! I even got it so bad once on a first date I had to dash off to the loo - so very embarassing. I then simply had to go home I was in such a state-he must have wondered what he'd done wrong! All just nerves, of course. I relied heavily on meds to get me through!!

If you want to discuss this more, feel free to ask away here or PM me!

Tracey
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb