Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Out of date milk :(

This morning, I made breakfast without paying attention to the milk bottle, so I made the bowl of cereal and the milk tasted a bit off,but not sour, I thought it was fine and stupidly ate it anyway, I just assumed it wasn't as fresh but still not off until I checked the use by date, 27th December, I was kinda concerned though my mum insisted that it was probably fine, my dad basically said "tip it down the sink if it tasted off"

I didn't think much of it until about an hour ago i got bad d* and started getting really bad n*, it's getting worse and I can't move without feeling like I'm going to be sick

Can milk actually make me sick if it's past use by date but not sour?

Default Re: Out of date milk :(

Hey, I have done this many times and never been sick. Some guys I used to work with would keep using milk until it got lumpy and they were never sick either. The used by date isn't an exact science and if it was gone bad, you wouldn't have been able to stand the smell, nevermind drink it.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

I agree, I think it's possibly anxiety making you feel so bad, our minds can do crappy things like that to us sometimes. Try to calm down, relax. Take a bath if you can, try and distract yourself, get your mind off things Hope you feel better.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If it wasn't sour, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Probably just anxiety....(which also can cause n* and v*)
    i hope you feel better

I think it is anxiety making you feel bad. When milk is truly off, there is no mistaking it-it will smell awful and there is no way you would have choked it down, trust me. You will be okay.