Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation at my breaking point! can't stop crying!!!! helpppp please

ok so i'm posting like a gazillion times on here but it's just getting worse. ok so two weeks ago i started with a tickly throat which went to sore throat and then to coughing my lungs out. on xmas eve i was so n* all night, but never v* (thank god!). the n* went away for a bit and as of yesterday the n* came back. i was at work feeling miserable and it felt like stomach cramps? of course, i start flipping and leave work early. i live like 35 min away from work and the roads were really bad today. so before i left work i made sure that i felt calm enough to drive and i did. 10 min away from home on the highway the n* picks up and suddenly i know i'm about to v*, and this sends absolute paralyzing terror through me!! i thought that if it had to happen i may be mentally ready but i wasn't; i had lost all control of my body it seemed. so first instinct is to pull over and the only place i could was on the left shoulder. well since i was in mid panic i went past the shoulder and into a small ditch on the side of the road. i called my bf in a full blown panic and luckily he calmed me down. i have had many panic attacks throughout my life, but not as badly as this one. i couldn't feel my hands or my legs and my face felt like it was on fire. i never v*, but i ended up getting my car stuck in the ditch because of the snow (for the second time this week). and of course after an hour of waiting, i get notified that there is a tow ban today because of the weather being so bad.
    i took a shower and i'm finally home. but i feel horrible! i feel like i'm hungry but full, my stomach is gurgly and feels like cramps. i'm so scared and i just want to disappear. i don't want to v* or be sick with this stupid cold anymore. i feel like everything is hopeless and i'm alone. i hate how much this controls my life!!!!! i want it to be over. i really hope it's not sv*! i can't take it. i keep thinking i'm not ready to deal with this.
    and now i'm rambling...i just want comfort and to not be scared.
    thanks for reading.
    "Be in love with your life."
    There's too much beauty and joy in the world to miss. My emetophobia WILL NOT win. This too shall pass.

Default Re: at my breaking point! can't stop crying!!!! helpppp please

Awww, hope you are feeling better! That's really scary, from the panic all the way to driving in the ditch. I hope your bf is very understanding and was able to help you. I really think you just panicked and was nauseous from the anxiety. Sometimes you will feel nauseous from the cold, post nasal drip, coughing, etc. but won't v from it. Try taking a hot steamy bath...let yourself relax for a while, then have a hot cup of tea or soup broth or something that relaxes you. Chamomile tea is a relaxer and helps with digestion as well. Hang in there. Anxiety is an awful b#$&@...